“Best in Lewes/ Rehoboth area!”

Sleep Inn & Suites Rehoboth Beach Area
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Lewes
Reviewed May 31, 2011

The staff is excellent and the rooms are spacious and clean.
The breakfast is very good and the front desk staff are extremely helpful.
After looking at other places and the prices I can tell anyone that this is the best value in the Lewes/Rehoboth area.

Room Tip: just tell them what you need. No views
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
sleepinnlewes, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Rehoboth Beach Area, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2011

Thank you for staying with us! We do hope you will stay with us again soon.

Reviewed May 30, 2011

Stayed here for Memorial weekend in 2 rooms including 1 suite with pullout sofa. Last year stayed in Hampton Inn nearbty. Properties are very similar. Suite room was very useful with more space, Entire property was clean. Pool is not as large as appear in photos, but is well tended and has popular area for small children.

They don't provide the launderable duvet covers like the Hampton, and I would rate the Hampton breakfast as a little better. On Memorial day they had run out of bananas and yogurt for the weekend. But, a morning dose of I LOVE LUCY was fun. The suite room option may steer some travelers to Sleep Inn. Previously I had assumed Sleep Inn as lower tier Choice Hotel properties. Not the case here. Also, they have ashtrays around pool deck. With such a nice family area I would suggest prohibiting smoking there.

Overall happy with our choice. Provided exactly what we needed. The management team is much more focused than typical value tier product. Towels available at pool, coffee in lobby, ice water, housekeeping did good job. Comfortable stay

Room Tip: Get the suite room if you need a little more space
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 10, 2011

I can't say enough about this hotel. I was sick the entire stay and was well taken care of.
The service, breakfast and accommodations were excellent. Very organized staff and management.

Room Tip: Talk with the manager or front desk staff
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 9, 2011

I used Trip Advisor to find this location in Lewes, DE. I was really only in this town so that I could catch the ferry to Cape May. Turned out to be one of the nicer places in a month-long motorcycle tour. I have stayed at many Choice Hotels, and had formed the opinion that the "Sleep Inn" line was on the low end. I was way wrong about this place. Everyone was great, and made sure that I got everything I needed. One nice bonus (for a motorcycle traveler), was what turned out to be a great BBQ restaurant just walking distance from the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank ExGMan
Reviewed April 22, 2011

My experience with the staff members has been so favorable. I love this hotel. Great job on customer interest and service.

It is becoming far too common for other establishments to forget about the health and happiness of their visitors (consumers) that the staff and rooms reflect this. I am so grateful this is NOT the case at Sleep Inn. The room was OUTSTANDING. Even my thirteen year old son was pleased with the respect of the staff and the comfort of the room.

Shawn Walker

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Hvnsgrl
Reviewed April 4, 2011

We stayed at this hotel because of a baseball tournament in the area. We chose this hotel because it had done better than some other hotels in the area and fit our needs well. The hotel overall was basic, but it fit our needs because we were only staying two nights and we weren't at the hotel much of the time. The hotel was full the weekend we were there and there were a lot of young kids running around all over the hotel. We stayed in the king bed suite. The room was basic but decent for us. The TV was very dated and the heater was loud so we had to shut it off at night. The bathroom was a good size but the counter looked like it was about to fall off the wall. The pull out bed from the couch was better than I thought it would be. The room was very clean and there was a microwave and fridge and a small sink. The room was comfortable for the 4 of us. The breakfast was ok. I've seen better breakfasts at similar hotels. There really wasn't anything fresh and most of the items were individually packaged. There was a lot of bread items (french toast, bagels, english muffins, etc) and there wasn't anything like eggs. The breakfast area was extremely small for the amount of people staying there. All the tables were taken at around 7am and the room cleared out by 8am. The food items were constantly being restocked so they never ran out of anything. The lobby area was small and only had about 4 chairs. There was a good amount of parking at the hotel. The location was great as it is around a lot of restaurants and shopping. The hotel often seemed understaffed considering it was completely full. We had called the front desk for an extra blanket and we had to go down to get it which showed me that they were understaffed. Overall the hotel was basic and clean, but I might look at other options if I wanted something nicer.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
sleepinnlewes, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Rehoboth Beach Area, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2011

Although we strive for excellence, we do recognize that you experienced a less than “perfect experience” and we do apologize. In regards to the hotel lobby, our hotel is a brand newly renovated property in which we expanded our main lobby to better suit our customer needs by adding a WI-FI center with work stations and seating area overlooking our pools. In addition, all of our room’s furniture is brand new and the next goal of ours is to replace or televisions with flat screens. We plan to do this replacement in the near future. Our complimentary continental breakfast is modeled after the CHOICE branded “Morning Medley” breakfast which is served at all Sleep Inn’s. Our breakfast includes muffins, Danish, cereal, bagels and toast, fruit, juice, yogurt, hard boiled eggs and coffee. We recognize that perhaps our customers may want a little more, and that is why we are going to be offering a “Make your Own Waffle” station at the end of this month. We do apologize for the delay of service on your extra blanket. On occasion our front desk staff is checking in a new guest or assisting a guest over the phone, when the request calls in. However, I reassure you that when those tasks are complete, it is our priority to hand deliver to you your request. I do hope that I have provided to you an explanation to your concerns. As Sports at the beach host hotel, we truly welcome all ball teams and try to offer a positive guest experience while staying here for your ball game! We hope that you understand that we strive for Excellence and that we appreciate your feedback so that we can make the necessary improvements.

Reviewed March 28, 2011

I traveled for business last week to Ocean City MD and ended up missing my ferry back to NJ. I was traveling with a pet and was frantic to find a place to spend the night. After many calls I was refered to the Sleep Inn. Not only was the hotel pet friendly, but the rates were good, breakfast was included and the rooms were clean but what made me GO BACK this weekend was the bubbly Amanda at the front desk. Her ability to handle whatever is thrown at her, with a smile is refreshing, and her art show at check-in is priceless! I will go back again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for staying with us! Our goal is to make all of our guests feel as if they are a member of our family!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lewes
Heritage Inn
Hotel Blue
Hotel Blue
#2 of 7 in Lewes
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rehoboth Beach
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rehobot...
#17 of 27 in Rehoboth Beach

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Rehoboth Beach Area? Share your experiences!