“Hot Chocolate To Go!”

Lewes Bake Shoppe
Description: (302) 645-0733
Description: (302) 645-0733
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I always stop in the Lewes Bake Shoppe when I'm in town. My last visit took place on a very cold day. I got a hot chocolate with some raspberry syrup in it. Delicious! Over the years it seems that the Bake Shoppe seating area has gotten smaller. Perhaps that's only because so many people stop in. On the day that I was there, a group of at least six people were standing and chatting in the aisle which leads to the counter. It was difficult to get through, and I saw some people come in and walk out again because they had a hard time getting through the throng of people.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

This is a tiny space and it tends to be very warm. That being said, a variety of coffees and other specialty drinks are expertly made to order by friendly faces and the baked goods looked tasty, too.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

We used to go daily during our vacations to Lewes. This year the place just didn't click. I didn't mind some quirkiness now and then as this place had a great, local vibe. The mocha was awful. Might skulk back for one more try next visit but....

1  Thank Motowners
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Stopped in Sunday morning around 11 for a quick bite and coffee. They were swarmed, but the line moved quickly. They did run out of croissants while making our 2 sandwiches, but we survived. They have probably 50 different coffees and I wish I had picked up one. They have really remained consistent and stood the test of time as I remember many days having lunch here as a kid. The chocolate croissants look exactly the same!

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Eat in or take out...Great Coffee, pastries, and sandwiches. You have to try the OOEY GOOEY with your Coffee!