“Always my favorite pizza”
Review of Touch of Italy

Touch of Italy
Ranked #2 of 88 Restaurants in Lewes
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch
Description: Home for Bob Ciprietti is Arthur Avenue in the Bronx. Growing up there and falling in love with the food, tradition,and people of NY inspired him to bring a little bit of home to Delaware. Touch of Italy first opened in the fall of 2010 in Lewes, Delaware and now has locations in Rehoboth Beach and Ocean City, MD. Each ristorante has a salumeria(deli) and a pasticceria (bakery) in house. Although our dining room opens at 11 AM, the bakery and deli open at 10 AM. We are known for our most popular Chicken Parm, our mozzarella, our crispy bread, our internationally recognized brick oven pizza, our pasta, and our eclairs. It's important to us that when you dine with us you enjoy a true authentic Italian experience with good food, friends, family, and great conversation. Stop by for a glass of wine and some good pasta or some meatballs and bread. Regardless of your choice, you won't be disappointed.
Woodbridge, Virginia
“Always my favorite pizza”
Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

We come here every year and drive to Lewes for the pizza! We order our favorite pizza "San marzano" which is tomato sauce, mozzarella, and basil. It comes to the table and there is no basil - I ask "where is the basil"? I first get this : oh it's just a garnish, oh we are out of basil, oh it's in the sauce! Crap! I tell them we order this all thd time and it comes with basil on it, so if you are out don't tell me a story , tell me the truth so I can change my order! How can you be out of basil? Crazy! Service is good, Cosmo good, pizza to die for , but, come on, be out of basil?

2 Thank AStarSumo

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Terrific and convenient deli in heart of town”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Great deli with everything needed to assemble an antipasti platter or light meal, sandwiches and pizzas are always hearty and delicious and a few essential grocery items. Try the luscious fontina cheese for a special treat. Very convenient not to have to drive to Route 1 for food although parking can be a challenge.

• Visited July 2014
Lewes, Delaware
“Apres Beach Bite”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Come to the TOI Restaurants, this was Lewes location.We sat outside because we were in bathing suits and cover ups. Unfortunately you can't have any wine out there. We had appetizer of the meatballs, do not miss! Served with delicious bread with olive oil. We had the 4 cheese gnocchi and a wood fire grilled pizza. Sublime! Fun to people watch outside.Table is a little wobbly but i solved that by putting my sandal under one of the legs!

Visited July 2014
Lewes, Delaware
“Authentic Italian Deli and Restaurant”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Sumptuous meats, olives, tomatoIs and baked Italian delicacies are all available here. The restaurant has fine wines and classic casual dinners.

• Visited May 2014
Dover
“Another Great Place”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

This place is the newest "Taste of Italy" and is located on DE route 1 in Rehoboth, and not the place by the same name located in Lewes or near the beach in Downtown Rehoboth. It is their newest place and it will not disappoint. It is much larger than the other two locations in the Rehoboth area and easily reached. The only drawback is the parking, which is at a premium especially in summer when the beach is very busy. Otherwise the food is fantastic, as is the in restaurant deli where you can get some first rate Italian cold cuts and pastries. Only one other comment. If you order a pizza with Italian sausage, you may be surprised that it is very very spicy, and not noted on the menu. My wife loved it and I hated the hot sausage.

• Visited June 2014

Been to Touch of Italy? Share your experiences!