“A Delicious Touch of Italy”
Review of Touch of Italy

Touch of Italy
Ranked #3 of 91 Restaurants in Lewes
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch
Description: Home for Bob Ciprietti is Arthur Avenue in the Bronx. Growing up there and falling in love with the food, tradition,and people of NY inspired him to bring a little bit of home to Delaware. Touch of Italy first opened in the fall of 2010 in Lewes, Delaware and now has locations in Rehoboth Beach and Ocean City, MD. Each ristorante has a salumeria(deli) and a pasticceria (bakery) in house. Although our dining room opens at 11 AM, the bakery and deli open at 10 AM. We are known for our most popular Chicken Parm, our mozzarella, our crispy bread, our internationally recognized brick oven pizza, our pasta, and our eclairs. It's important to us that when you dine with us you enjoy a true authentic Italian experience with good food, friends, family, and great conversation. Stop by for a glass of wine and some good pasta or some meatballs and bread. Regardless of your choice, you won't be disappointed.
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I recently made my first visit to A Touch of Italy. Walking into the deli/restaurant, the aroma of meats and cheeses reminded me of the shops my Italian-American family frequented when I was younger. I was going to pick up a sandwich, but decided to relax and have lunch. My server, a friendly young lady by the name of Jenn, took my order and then asked if I'd like some soup. I'm glad she did. I had a bowl of escarole and bean soup, a nice start for the first day of Lent. The soup was delicious, but there was so much I had to leave some of it so I could enjoy the other part of my meal. I'd ordered a caprese salad, which was excellent. The ingredients were fresh and the dish was accented by a generous drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. Jenn brought balsamic vinegar to the table, but I never touched it. Instead, I enjoyed the salad as it was presented. The dish is meant to serve two people, so I was full by the time I got midway through the salad. I brought the rest home with me to enjoy later. A Touch of Italy also sells pastries and cookies, which looked delicious. But I'm afraid they will have to wait until my next visit.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

An old-style Italian deli with tables for dining in. Gr8 ingredients on their own real Italian homemade bread. Can't go wrong. Can get a beer or wine with your lunch as well.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Best Italian food outside Italy and parts of New York! All entrees we've tried have been superb and their desserts are great! Try their Tiramasu and my daughter asks me to bring their rainbow cookies whenever I travel to VA.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

We buy all our cheese, olives, pastries, italian goods here. Lou and Frank are the best. The sandwiches are great and the guys are always willing to adjust. They carry hard-to-get italian specialties like anisette sugar and salted capers.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

Great food and wonderful deli -- truly a touch of Italy Friendly, relaxed atmosphere, clearly a favorite with the locals. Would definitely return.

Been to Touch of Italy? Share your experiences!