“Bill E.”

JD Shuckers
Ranked #36 of 91 Restaurants in Lewes
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

Staff is friendly and courteous good selection of beers good food Oysters are one of there specialties.

Reviewed May 18, 2014

My husband and I had dinner here 2 years ago and returned there again this week. We met another family from NJ at the table next to us that recommended the steamed seafood platter, saying it was likeca prty in your mouth. We both had the platter orcshould I say , "inhaled" it. It included crab legs, shrimp, mussels and clams. It was so delicious! There are specials and early birds and it is not just seafood. It is my understanding there is live music there 2 nights a week as well.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

The food was good. The bartender was friendly but I went to watch a Monday night football game and the kitchen was closing 20 minutes into the game. I was barely settled into my seat before I overheard another customer being told that the kitchen was closing. I quickly ordered and it was very good but I left at halftime. I would usually be ordering food at halftime and staying spending money until the end of the game. There was also no sound on the TV's for the game.....SPORTS BAR ?????

Reviewed September 9, 2013

We used to go here very often with family and friends. It slowly started to slip a few years ago and now it is entirely out of the rotation. At first, one person at the table would get a bad meal. Now, they are all bad. The last time I went there the food was actually spoiled. It's a shame. This used to be a good restaurant. Now, there is no way I will eat there again.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We visited JD Shuckers with another family (4 adults and 3 children 6 and under) and hit during the early-bird hours. I was pleased with the selection of the children's menu items and the fact that the chicken strips were actual chicken and not breaded and shaped mystery puree.

We started with cream of crab soup...it was amazing (no, we didn't actually lick the bowl, but it was that good). The fried flounder, sesame seared tuna, crab imperial, and steamed mussles/clams all got thumbs up. Service got thumbs down all around...couldn't even get a refill on unsweetened tea-it was apparent she was servicing beer-tab tables and not "free refills" tables.

While Acoustic Rick totally rocked early-bird hours (and is lead for Love Seed Mama), it was a little loud for any kind of conversation. We were relieved when his set ended at 6.

Overall, it was a good experience and we would go back.

Been to JD Shuckers? Share your experiences!