“Okay food for too much money”
Review of JD Shuckers

JD Shuckers
Ranked #37 of 89 Restaurants in Lewes
Cuisines: Seafood
“Okay food for too much money”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Okay food for too much money. Long wait, restaurant was too hot inside, and $18 for 1 lb of crab legs with *nothing* else. No sides, no salad, not even some measly bread. I'll stick to Red Lobster.

• Visited July 2013

Egg Harbor Twp
“Food good....wait ridiculous!”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We visited here on President's weekend. They clearly weren't prepared for customers. We waited over 25 minutes just to give our order. We all ordered burgers...they were good but took at least 1/2 hr to arive. Waitress never stopped at our table to ask if we wanted another drink after the first. Not a very good first impression.

Visited February 2013
Middletown, Delaware
“Please visit”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I am sorry to say I had never eaten here until this year. Several restaurants have occupied this space and not done so well. BUT please give this a try. I was there during happy hour and had the steamed shrimp which was incredible. They were huge! Very tasty and a great price for the amount you get. I also had the wings which were meaty but opted for the sauce on the side. I will be back!!

Visited January 2013
Lewes, Delaware
“Better than before”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We went back this place again. The oysters are much better and bigger now since they are plentiful. Also went for game day yesterday. Their burgers and fries are outstanding. Crab cakes not like Baltimore's but pure crabmeat. A bit dry with lacking more flavor but still not bad. Still love the oysters and on the half shell were very tasty. Dollar oyster night on Fri. They even had early bird specials on New Years Eve. Service is more than excellent. Our place to go for food, fun, great prices and close by.

• Visited January 2013
Lewes, Delaware
“Great dinner last night”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I was there when it was owned by a different person and really not impressed to go again. It is minutes from our house and close to the beach. It was oyster night on Fri. I wanted oysters. The raw oysters were very tasty but small. The fried oysters were also small(not frying oysters). It also tasted good. Stewed tomatoes and mashed potatoes excellent. Wine (a new pinot grigio name started with Fish) I'm bad with names. It was non oak, great fruity flavor and smooth. They have early bird specials that are priced just right. Service was excellent. The new owners have made a great improvement. Worth trying again.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank Elaine W

Been to JD Shuckers? Share your experiences!