“Great Hibachi”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Tokyo Steakhouse

Tokyo Steakhouse
Ranked #28 of 89 Restaurants in Lewes
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: 302) 645-9728
Middletown, Delaware
“Great Hibachi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2012

We like this restaurant. When my family came to visit us we took them here for one dinner. The kids really enjoyed the experience and never got bored or restless. We always have a great experience.

Visited June 2011

Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
“stay close to a bathroom”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2011

Ive gone to Tokyo about once a year since it opened. Its definately gone downhill the last few years. Our family was there a few days ago for my daughters birthday. She picked the "place they throw shrimp". There were 9 of us in the party. Everyone got a different meal for the most part. I had chicken and shrimp. It tasted good but the portions were definately smaller than in years past, especially the salad. It consisted of three pieces of lettuce and a cucumber slice covered by 1/2 cup of dressing. Service was actually quite good. Our waiter had a strong accent but was very attentive with drink refills and other things. Cant say anything bad about him. The chef was decent but Ive seen better. The real fun came when we left. 4 of the 9 people who dined at tokyo had diarrhea after we left. Two of us didnt even make it home in time, we had to stop at a gas station and run inside. So unless you want to sit on the toilet for 24 hours after you eat, I would avoid tokyo steakhouse. The only reason I did not rate it as terrible was because of our waiter.

• Visited December 2011
3 Thank michael w
Lewes, Delaware, United States
“Not worth money”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2011

Went for my daughter's 12th birthday. The food is good, but the waitstaff is so rude and restaurant so greedy that it is definitely not worth the money. My daughter was sick I think because of sour milk they gave her. We never got to eat because she was sick in bathroom but they still charged us for full meal and a service charge even though we were barely waited on. Then they had the nerve to ask us to call if others got sick because it might be the food. The bill was $170 and we didn't get to eat the food. NOT WORTH IT!!!

• Visited November 2011
3 Thank Jennifer G
Delaware
“Hope it was just an "off season" down night....”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2011

We've eaten here before, both for the sushi and the hibachi steaks. This visit we just had sushi, from the poor waitstaff, to the sushi with no taste, we were very disappointed.

We ordered 3 plates of sushi, and one plate of tempura, when the server (who "WILL" remain nameless) brought the sushi, he states "I don't know what these are...and the other plate will be out shortly." So, we waited for the tempura....and waited....and waited....finally after 10 minutes the tempura arrived. Now maybe I'm being critical, but if you ordered a hot item, wouldn't you start that first, and then do the sushi plates so everything arrives at once?

The sushi was not very tasty, the tempura was good. But the service and overall price vs experience. Have to rate them as POOR this time.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank Defuntimers
Aiea, Hawaii
“Nothing To Write Home About...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2011

I recently tried Tokyo Steakhouse with a group of friends. We made reservations for 10, but initially 6 showed up. They insisted in seating us at a table with three other people, even though there were plenty of empty tables. As soon as we were seated, another person from our party arrived. Rather than moving us to another table to accommodate our group, they insisted that we "scoot in to make room". The table was already crowded with 9 of us. It wasn't until we basically insisted on moving that we were able to finally move to an empty table.

There is a beautiful serenity garden behind the restaurant with a nice waterfall. The interior is well decorated and very typical.

I ordered teriyaki steak with chicken. It was cooked well, but the teriyaki sauce was barely noticeable. The vegetables consisted of a few mushrooms, broccoli, and zucchini. I did not receive an broccoli in mine and it wasn't even what I would call a full serving of vegetables. The fried rice was decent and the soup was very good.

I don't think Tokyo Steakhouse was any better or worse than Hibachi, which was a disappointment. I guess I expected a non-franchise restaurant to somehow set itself apart.

• Visited September 2011

Been to Tokyo Steakhouse? Share your experiences!