“A good late night stop.”
Review of Bethany Blues BBQ

Bethany Blues BBQ
Ranked #9 of 89 Restaurants in Lewes
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: 302-644-2500
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We were getting into Lewes later than expected and needed to eat. Most of our regular stops were no longer seating but this place was still a buzz. We went in, not expecting much, but were pleasantly surprised by the service and the food. The waiter was very friendly and helpful with recommendations and service. The barbacue was very good as were the french fries. There was a trivia game going on, so we were entertained as well. Will definitely go back

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Went there for lunch with friends. Place has a nice atmosphere. We had the nachos as an appetizer, I wasn't expecting any great but I was wrong. The addition of the brisket was a nice touch and a good step away from the typical ground beef. I would recomend Bethany Blues if you are looking for some decent BBQ, but stay away from the fish ad chips. The fish was a little greasey.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We ordered (for pickup) 2lbs of chicken, and then asked about sides - They said a side order would only do 1-2 people so we ordered 4 sides. When we picked up the order, we found each side is also 2lbs, so we had much more food that we needed, and spent more money than we needed to also. Then, amazingly, they had included one tiny condiment tub of barbecue sauce - enough for one person, so we had to have barbecue chicken without the barbecue!
Also strange was they couldn't divide the check between me and my buddy. She tried to match various items into 2 different bills and so we got 2 bills - one for $16 and one for $40!
The food was pretty good though, hence the 3 stars.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

They have awesome spare ribs!!! This restaurant is nice and the service is very good... We enjoyed the atmosphere..

Reviewed August 25, 2012

My husband and I have had some great experiences at their bar. The food, service, and drinks at the bar are outstanding so we decided to try them for dinner. Bad, bad, bad idea. 365 nights a year to try them for dinner and we chose the local school's prom night. It was a hot mess in there. Server was completely unattentive. We couldn't get drinks or decent service if we offered a $100 tip. My husband's first drink came 20 minutes after his dinner arrived. Our barbeque was the absolute worst we've eaten in our life. The brisket was so dry I choked trying to swallow it. BBQ sauce didn't help either. The pulled pork was just as bad. The ribs were tough and dry. It was the worst dining experience I've had in all of Rehoboth/Lewes/Dewey area. I will never go back there for dinner, but I will continue to patronize their bar and order their bar food because it continues to be one of the best around.

Been to Bethany Blues BBQ? Share your experiences!