“Side dishes and sauces were the issue”
Review of Bethany Blues BBQ

Bethany Blues BBQ
Ranked #7 of 88 Restaurants in Lewes
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: 302-644-2500
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We ordered (for pickup) 2lbs of chicken, and then asked about sides - They said a side order would only do 1-2 people so we ordered 4 sides. When we picked up the order, we found each side is also 2lbs, so we had much more food that we needed, and spent more money than we needed to also. Then, amazingly, they had included one tiny condiment tub of barbecue sauce - enough for one person, so we had to have barbecue chicken without the barbecue!
Also strange was they couldn't divide the check between me and my buddy. She tried to match various items into 2 different bills and so we got 2 bills - one for $16 and one for $40!
The food was pretty good though, hence the 3 stars.

There are newer reviews for Bethany Blues BBQ

Reviewed September 2, 2012

They have awesome spare ribs!!! This restaurant is nice and the service is very good... We enjoyed the atmosphere..

Reviewed August 25, 2012

My husband and I have had some great experiences at their bar. The food, service, and drinks at the bar are outstanding so we decided to try them for dinner. Bad, bad, bad idea. 365 nights a year to try them for dinner and we chose the local school's prom night. It was a hot mess in there. Server was completely unattentive. We couldn't get drinks or decent service if we offered a $100 tip. My husband's first drink came 20 minutes after his dinner arrived. Our barbeque was the absolute worst we've eaten in our life. The brisket was so dry I choked trying to swallow it. BBQ sauce didn't help either. The pulled pork was just as bad. The ribs were tough and dry. It was the worst dining experience I've had in all of Rehoboth/Lewes/Dewey area. I will never go back there for dinner, but I will continue to patronize their bar and order their bar food because it continues to be one of the best around.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stopped in for dinner on our way out of town, expecting a laid back beach joint with lots of seafood choices. We were surprised that this was more of an upscale feel with higher prices and a limited seafood selection. They are supposed to be known for their ribs, which my husband ordered - he did enjoy them but they didn't blow him away. The crabcake had very little filler but you can find more exciting versions at other local restaurants. Although it was good, the atmosphere was nice and the waiter was great, I don't know that we'll be back. We missed the beach feel that we are used to. There are more exciting restaurants in Rehoboth at the same price point and many that are even less expensive.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Great menu; eat at the bar; huge bourbon list; entertainment some nights; large, family friendly, big tables, fun atmosphere, open all year. Fairly priced, good service. Don't miss the original in Bethany.

Been to Bethany Blues BBQ? Share your experiences!