“Great place for treasure hunting”
Review of Lewes Beach

Lewes Beach
Ranked #3 of 51 things to do in Lewes
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We visited the beach in Lewes while vacationing in Rehoboth Beach. We'd gone there mainly because the staff at the Zwaanendaal Museum mentioned we might be able to find some shipwreck relics if we went to the beach area at low tide. We found several artifacts and a lot of whelk shells. We practically had the beach to ourselves as there were few people out that day. It's a great place to beach comb or skim board as the part of the beach we were on was bayside so the surf wasn't as rough. Great place to spend the day if you want to get away from the crowds at the more commercial beaches.

1  Thank Polly Y

Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is a wide guarded beach on the bay with a small concession stand that has limited offerings--although the Dairy Queen is a short walk away. Rafts are available for rent. Since it is bayside, waves are nonexistent! It is neat to be there at Low Tide when the sandbars are visible--perfect for digging up hermit crabs or catching minnows while a parent can sit in a chair and allow water to lap over their feet. The occasional horseshoe crab may visit but remember--they are harmless.
The beach is raked daily in season and there are showers in the bathhouse. Parking is plentiful but metered and patrolled every hour from May-October.
You can watch the Ferry arrive and depart from the beach.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

The beach at Lewes has been fantastic for a dog oriented family. I will admit to being a week early for the official launch of the season but overall my experience has been great. Dogs are allowed before 8 am and after 6:30. The beach hasn't been too crowded and I find the beach goers very loose with abiding the dog laws, many people walking or playing ball throughout the day.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

And that why it was great just a DQ and no Boardwalk, Bars etc...
Walked the whole beach and enjoyed the laid back feel.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

I have gone to this beach for the last 20 years with my husband and 2 children who are now graduating from college. We have never had a bad experience. I also love meeting my friends here.

Been to Lewes Beach? Share your experiences!