“Quiet Serene Beach”
Review of Lewes Beach

Ranked #3 of 52 things to do in Lewes
Reviewed May 23, 2013

The beach at Lewes has been fantastic for a dog oriented family. I will admit to being a week early for the official launch of the season but overall my experience has been great. Dogs are allowed before 8 am and after 6:30. The beach hasn't been too crowded and I find the beach goers very loose with abiding the dog laws, many people walking or playing ball throughout the day.

All reviews
in 8 reviews
"ice cream shop"
"paid parking"
in 4 reviews
"great for young children"
"per hour"
"clean sand"
"calm waters"
"kids play"
in 4 reviews
"cape henlopen state park"
in 15 reviews
"in season"

Reviewed May 16, 2013

And that why it was great just a DQ and no Boardwalk, Bars etc...
Walked the whole beach and enjoyed the laid back feel.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

I have gone to this beach for the last 20 years with my husband and 2 children who are now graduating from college. We have never had a bad experience. I also love meeting my friends here.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I like it down here....wouldnt like to stay for anymore than a day as its a bit quite for me...but to take the dog for a walk on the beach, then for a few wines at the end of the day...its great...doesnt have the weirdo's and riff-raff that you find at Reohoboth beach. Bit more classier...Fishermans Wharf pub bar is on a 'top' location and the foods great.