“Real good experience all around”

The Wharf Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #25 of 89 Restaurants in Lewes
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Established in 2011 The Wharf Restaurant & Bar welcomes you to Lewes, Delaware. With new ownership, comes new menus and staff - yet the same fantastic waterfront location. Come visit us and enjoy a relaxing, family & pet friendly dining experience. We also offer:SpecialtiesA mouthwatering new menu will welcome you and your family to our fantastic waterfront location. From burgers, to seafood, to nachos, to huge salads, we have something for everyone. You have to try the Lobster Mac n' Cheese. And for a vegetarian treat, how does a portabella mushroom cheese "steak" sandwich sound?Come visit us and enjoy a relaxing, family friendly dining experience. We also offer:Custom CateringPrivate PartiesHappy Hour daily 12 pm to 7 pm
Bridgewater
“Real good experience all around”
Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

Just landed into Lewes, and was time to eat lunch. Had no real plan.. Didn't want anything too fancy. Location is nice and easy seating outside on the deck which was fun to watch the boats and dogs play in the water. Read the previous reviews now as I write, and yes, the place can use an upgrade, however our staff was young but very attentive and responsive. Even got me a sample taste of a shandy ( which I did order). Food was very good. Mrs Dogface loved the California chicken, with fresh avocado and. Nice Caesar salad. I had the seafood salad on croissant and fries. Great! Light in the mayo, excellent home made fries. Really worth it. Maybe not for a fancy event or dinner, since there may be other places around. However, for location and good seafood, it's a go. We will try to stop back.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank DogfaceJones

“Not worth it”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

First let me say we tried 4 other restaurants in Lewes before ending up here. Agave had a 2-1/2 wait, Kindle was closing due to computer issues, the Buttery had a wait of over an hour (even though the place looked empty with many open tables), and Striper bites had a 45 min wait. We went to the Wharf because there was no wait and looked like a nice place.

First, drinks. The lemonade my mom got tasted off and fake, so I told them what was wrong and asked for a water. She did not take away the lemonade or say anything about it. My sister got the summer sangria which was ok but not great. My mom's new water also had a bad taste. The rest of our drinks were good.

We ordered the crib bruschetta and Thai style calamari to start. The bruschetta was actually amazing!! The bread that came with it was the best part plus it was put together great. Very big portions!!! The calamari I did not try, but everyone seemed to enjoy. Again, very big portion. It came out fast as well.

Then our entrees came out. I got the Cali chicken sandwich with Caesar salad on the side. The sandwich was good, the salad was ok. My sister got the same thing but with fries. She also liked the sandwich and the fries were very good, a little too salty though. My other sister got the steak and beet salad. She only had a few bites because the meat was old and salad leaves old and limp. (She is a chef so a tough critic.) My dad had the BBQ Cobb salad. He thought it was alright. He asked for oil and vinegar dressing. They brought out balsamic vinegar and he asked two different waitresses if they had red wine vinegar instead. One came back (our waitress) and said they didn't have any. He reluctantly put the balsamic on his salad, finishing up when the other waitress returns with a small cup of red wine vinegar....too late. My mom had the shrimp tacos. She was weary about the piña Colada cream sauce so she asked for it on the side. She tried it and said it was not good at all and way too sweet. She put the avacado ranch on instead and said it was really good.

My biggest complaint is that it was my fathers 50th birthday. I went up and asked if they could sing and the lady told me they didn't have enough people so no!!!!! My sister who has worked in many restaurants said she's never heard of a restaurant refusing to sing for someone's birthday- very poor customer service!!!

Overall, food and service poor for the expensive value. As I said there are some positive aspects, I won't lie but it's not worth it. I wish we had just waited at another place. Definitely will not return to the Wharf.

2 Thank Nicole L
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
“Great Food - Lousy Service”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

My first impression was great food until the waitress spoke... what a beautiful restaurant and bar, fun place but come on if you can't be somewhat polite to your customers in such a scenic atmosphere then find another job... seriously, food was excellent and will definitely return and hopefully to a nicer waitress

Visited July 2014
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Okay place, Great view good service but interior is outdated.”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

I would definitely encourage sitting outside and enjoying a nice day, Irish eyes would be my first choice but if your spending a lot of time in the city its good to try other places and The Wharf is nice for lunch.

Newark, Delaware
“Great Shore Spot”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

This place is pricey, but it's in a prime location in a shore town, so that is expected. My wife and I both ordered a drink and both were delicious. We sat outside on a beautiful day. We started with the Thai Calamari which is spicy and delicious. My wife ordered the crab cake sandwich and I ordered the Tuna Steak sandwich. The crab cake was delicious as were the rolls both of our sandwiches came on. My only complaint was that tuna steak is normally served seared with a rare center. Mine was served rare but without a sear which meant the sandwich was very mushy which kind of ruined it for me. My wife's side was the garlic Parmesan fries which were also excellent. Our server was Mason, and he was great. Overall, I'd certainly go back, but I'd pick another option on the menu for myself.

• Visited July 2014

Been to The Wharf Restaurant and Bar? Share your experiences!