“Cash only? Wash those hands when you say that!”

King's Homemade Ice Cream Shops
Ranked #3 of 6 Dessert in Lewes
Description: Homemade ice cream parlors in the heart of downtown Lewes & Milton, DE. We specialize in simple, quality flavors, toppings, shakes, sodas & floats. Half gallon containers are also available to take home!
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Average ice cream. Average service. Better than average line. It is true what the earlier reviewer wrote- the staff does handle money and dip with the same hands, gross. Also, in this sort of a town it is ridiculous, and an annoyance to not take credit cards. I cannot recommend a visit.

1  Thank HdGresident

Reviewed August 12, 2013

I liked the lime sherbert and my wife loved the chocolate ice cream...it was a dutch chocolate and very good. It's a busy place but the wait doesn't take long.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Honestly if you are looking for amazing home made ice cream this is the place in Lewes to go.. The HUGE ISSUE is that the employees behind the counter handle money, which is one of the filthiest things on earth, and then grab your cone and dig into to the ice cream containers with no concern.. I'm no germaphobe but it gross when someone is taking people's cash and then grabbing the cone we are suppose to eat with their dirty hands.. I wouldn't lick a dollar.. And I especially don't want to pay for it.. But, as I said the ice cream is delicious.. I would just suggest getting it in a cup.. To make matters worse the kid behind the counter had no personality and seemed annoyed to take our order after we waited in line for 20 minutes.. They should put that kid behind the cash register to handle the money only..

1  Thank Ane819
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I guess I expected more from an ice cream shop that has been there for as long as King's has. Ice cream was pretty ordinary in both selection and taste. Ben and Jerry's and Baskin-Robbins have no worries!

1  Thank Bob M
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I've been coming here for homemade ice cream for at least 30 years. The lines snake down the block in the height of summer, and with good reason. King's knows what it's doing, from quick service to perfectly executed ice cream, mostly traditional flavors but some creative ones showing up in recent years. Coconut is a personal favorite, but the new beer-inspired flavors are fantastic as well. Little pricey but well worth it.

Been to King's Homemade Ice Cream Shops? Share your experiences!