“Working Blacksmith Shop & Museum”
Review of Preservation Forge

Preservation Forge
Ranked #45 of 51 things to do in Lewes
Delaware
445 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1,756 helpful votes
“Working Blacksmith Shop & Museum”
Reviewed June 23, 2011

My husband and I have been into Lewes several times & have never seen this place open. However, the other day we noticed the doors were wide open & we couldn't help but take a peek. At the time we arrived, there was an older gentleman speaking with another visitor. He never took a moment to greet us OR ask us IF we had any questions. We just peeked at the equipment, tools and large hanging chandeliers overhead. It really is NEAT to LOOK at, but would have been better IF the worker would have taken a moment to speak to us. Not sure HOW it is a museum, when I did not see any signs OR an employee willing to speak to us. But you could tell that it was a working blacksmith shop.

Overall, I thought it was a neat place, but without any narration...it was hard to appreciate. I would not make a special trip here--as the place seems to RARELY be open. IF you are already in downtown, it doesn't hurt to take a peek.

Visited June 2011