“Always nice”

Cape May-Lewes Ferry
Ranked #2 of 51 things to do in Lewes
More attraction details
Owner description: Whether you're crossing the Delaware Bay for a fun day trip or as part of a long-distance trip, on the Cape May-Lewes Ferry, your journey is sure to be a memorable one.Enjoy historic lighthouses, picturesque harbors, oceangoing vessels, unique seabirds and, just maybe, your very own dolphin escort!The 17-mile, 85-minute cruise between New Jersey and Delaware can cut miles off a trip along the Atlantic Coast, connecting points like Wildwood, Stone Harbor, Avalon, Ocean City and the rest of the Jersey Shore with Rehoboth Beach, Dewey Beach, Sussex Shores, Bethany Beach, Fenwick Island, Ocean City, MD, and destinations throughout Virginia.Our welcoming, modern terminals are a destination in and of themselves, with enjoyable restaurants and lounges, and well-stocked gift shops!
Southern New Jersey
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Always nice”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Great break in any travel itinerary. Eighty minutes can save many hours adn give you that break in driving you need to refresh before continuing on your journey.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Londonwalker2009
jeniepc, Customer Service Supervisor at Cape May-Lewes Ferry, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for the kind words. We always try our best to provide great service and a great experience for our guests. If the dolphins are out our Captain makes an announcement to let the riders know which way to look. Thank you again.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Abington, Pennsylvania
“We love the ferry!”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

At least three times a year we travel from our home in North Carolina to New Jersey. The ferry allows us to travel lower slower DelMarVa and end our trip with a relaxing ride across the Beautiful Delaware Bay! 20 minutes after docking we are at our shore home and ready to relax! Thank you for the recent renovations, so enjoyable!

Visited July 2013
, Customer Service Supervisor at Cape May-Lewes Ferry, responded to this review, December 15, 2013
Thank you for writing such a nice review. We have done some recent upgrades to the vessels.

We look forward to seeing you onboard with us again soon!
Los Angeles, California
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Northbound from DE to NJ”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

My review is belated but genuine. I'm in the IBEW and in 2010 I took the mother of all roadtrips which found me working mostly in Alabama. After almost three months working in a blazing hot oil refinery I decided to drive to Connecticut to see my sister.

My mobile phone at that time was from Los Angeles' Metro GPS, It was useless in Alabama and most everywhere else outside major cities. I drove the most coastal passage I could along the Atlantic Ocean side of the USA.

My travels included many wonders: Virginia Beach, The gigantic bridges and tunnels of Chesapeake Bay. So by the time I reached Ocean City, Maryland, I decided to maintain my course and needed to board the ferry. I had limited funds and it was a Saturday which more expensive than weekdays but I was there and had to keep going. Glad I did.

Ferry seems inappropriate to describe these wonderful ships. Everything they do is organized and efficient. There were places to eat, drink and just kick back inside and out. I walked out to the bow of the ship. As we passed the Delaware breakwater my mobile phone immediately went from no service to five bars. Things were looking up. I made calls to my family and friends.

My excursion by sea transcended sunset to twilight. Driving off the ferry I parked my car at Cape May and took a power nap. I was exasperated from two days of driving alone. But was soon recharged and ready to proceed safely onward. I departed Cape May driving into the sunrise! I loved this experience and will do it again on motorcycle.

Visited August 2013
, Customer Service Supervisor at Cape May-Lewes Ferry, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your journey from Alabama to Connecticut. We also thank you for the wonderful review about our service onboard the ferry. We love reading about our guest experiences. We look forward to having onboard with us again soon!
Lewes, Delaware
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Take the ferry”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

the cape may ferry, is clean, efficient, anf fun as you may see some dolphins. You can purchase food and gifts. If you arrive at the dock early you can grab a bite to eat at On The Rocks and wathc the ocean and other boats. If you are going to Cape may it is easy to get to Town. if you are going to Atlantic City, there is a bus that can take you there for a small cost. have Fun!

Visited July 2013
, Customer Service Supervisor at Cape May-Lewes Ferry, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review. Making our guest experiences one to remember is always our goal. Dolphins are always a hit with our guest and they seem to love to put on a show.

We hope you can travel with us agian soon!
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Bucket list item!!”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

A friend and I went to Atlantic City for 2 nites in November and then were going to Dover Downs Casino in Dover Delaware for 1 nite; well we decided to take the Ferry from Cape-May to Lewes, DE. The trip did not really save any time, but we wanted to just do this. The cost was $40 for 1 car and 2 adults, it is 37 miles and takes 85 min. It was a beautiful day and the Ferry is very large and has a super lounge in it with drinks, food and tv's. It was a very fascinating and comfortable excursion and we are happy that we made this trip.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Miriam W
Thank you for writing such a wonderful review. We love reading about our guest experiences while traveling on the ferry. We feel honored that you included the Cape May Lewes Ferry as a Bucket List item of yours.

We hope you can come back soon and enjoy another crossing with us!