“Rude Business man”

Pirates of Lewes Expeditions
Ranked #3 of 11 Tours in Lewes
Reviewed July 21, 2012

We did not make our reservation time because we were new to the area and did not realize there are 3 pirate expedition locations and we went to the wrong one, the owner still charged us $100.00 even after we called as soon as we realized what we had done....no sympathy from him.Very RUDE business man.

9  Thank sschaf196349

Reviewed July 5, 2012

we have gone on this expedition the past two years. Our children 6 and 3 were perfect ages for it this year had a great time !!

1  Thank awise3
Reviewed June 28, 2012

You will get wet. Actually soaked!! Which they failed to mention. That part was fine, kids thought it was cute, just be prepared. The pirate we were battling found it humorous to soak parents in the face which I found odd. The crew continually made jokes that I found inappropriately for my 3 and 11 year old, such as Loraina Bobbitt, and having crabs (as in STD, etc). Again, just odd.
Then at the end of the ride we were told to tip the crew bc they work 100% on tips. Seriously!?? I just spent $100 for my family of four to take a 1 hour canal ride and you expect me to tip on top of that (and if that is the expectation than i would cater to parents more rather than soak them).

Overall my kids enjoyed it just fine. We've done it once and that was enough.

9  Thank Layla M
Reviewed July 24, 2011

This was well worth the 100 bucks! I have a 9 yr old boy and 4 year old girl, and even my daughter had a blast! Only 2 things you MUST know....1- Do not bring a treasured camera (as you will get wet...not soaked if your lucky...but you will get wet!) and 2- Bring cash because at the end of cruise the Captian announces the crews names, and tells everyone these men do not get paid for thier act, they work for tips.
I wish they would have this information added to their site, because I didn't bring my purse on a pirate cruise, and I never carry cash- we just use our card....so the poor guys didn't make squat really.
Otherwise...the crew is awesome! they took their times with the kids, and I really think every child on that boat had a blast!!
And we did too :)

5  Thank Mammapaparazza
Reviewed July 19, 2011

A friend and I took our 3 year-old sons on the trip and it was great. They were easily the youngest on the ship, but still got a lot out of it. The "pirates" did a fabulous job of playing the part, dressing the part, and interacting with the kids. They did great to make sure our two little guys didn't get trampled and felt involved even though they didn't understand everything. The water cannon fight with the Bad Pirate was great, too. There's another pirate adventure in Shelbyville behind Harpoon Annies (good outside deck to go with kids), but it didn't look or feel as authentic as this one. We'll go again if we return to the area.

2  Thank sng-11