Martha Marie Fishing Charters - CLOSED
Review Highlights
4th of July week fishing charter from Lewes.

Reviewed July 19, 2016
Chuck H
Amazing fishing trip and educational as well

Reviewed July 11, 2016
melissaalua
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 19, 2016

We scheduled a 4 hour fishing charter for 4 adults and 4 kids ranging 9-17 years old. I spoke to Les on the phone when scheduling. He was prompt with his responses/call backs...and was honest about the best times to go out for the short charter.

We drove up from Bethany Beach and arrived a few minutes before we were scheduled to depart. They were organized and ready to go even though we were late due to traffic.

Capt Les and First Mate Todd took us out about an hour to a few spots that allowed everyone to catch at least one fish. They explained the safety rules and what we would be doing before they left and gave us more information along the way. The 1 hour trip out was a nice ride where we saw dolphins and heard more stories from Less/Todd.

We arrived a few "secret" spots where they explained what we would be fishing for and why that particular spot was good for that time/day. They worked their tales off to make sure everyone was baited and ready to drop the lines.

We caught trigger fish, trout, porgy, red robin fish and they gave us a little history behind all of them. They both took their time to explain techniques to the kids and adults....while keeping an eye on 8 lines at one time.

They kept the legal fish in a cooler which we brought back to the dock and paid a guy a few extra bucks to clean the fish which we ate that night.

Great guys that were friendly, funny and made sure we had a good time. They made the best of a short 4 hour trip and only 2 hours of fish time. I would definitely go out on a trip with them again. Thanks for the great trip and good memories.

2  Thank Chuck H
Reviewed July 11, 2016

My family and I booked a 10 hour trip with Capt. Les. There were 9 of us, but Capt Les and Mate Todd paid close attention to all of us, even the little ones! They were so attentive and kept our rods with bait and in the water. We caught a variety of fish. 31 in total that we could keep due to size restrictions. They were so helpful and educated us as well. Certainly would consider charting again in the future if our vacation ventures into DE again next summer. Thank you both for a great experience!

1  Thank melissaalua
Reviewed July 6, 2016 via mobile

As soon as we dropped our lines we were wheeling them in, we had a great time the captain and first mate were kind and knowledgeable!

Reviewed July 2, 2016 via mobile

Another fantastic trip with capt. Les. We caught flounder all day long and a few for dinner. Fishing with this boat every year since 2009. Always a great time. Already booked 2017.

1  Thank Max M
Reviewed September 4, 2014

We went out for a four-hour trip with Captain Les and his First Mate Todd. They made an effort to show us the ropes, so to speak, explaining how the boat works and their techniques for finding a good spot to fish. We're not kids but they still let us have a turn driving the boat-- which was a blast.

They both were very helpful to the new fisherman in the group and bonded with the experienced one. We caught a bunch of little fish and one big flounder, which made for a fun day, if not a fruitful one.

2  Thank Gmule12
Reviewed September 2, 2014

We had a party of 7 for a half day fishing trip and had the best time! Captain Les and his First Mate Todd were so accommodating, knowledgeable, friendly, and all around fun to be with for a fishing trip! If you are looking for a great charter, check out the Martha Marie! We are already planning our next trip and can't wait!! Captain Les is also one of the only Captain's that can accommodate over 6 people in the area! If you want to hook into some fish, Captain Les will make sure everyone on board has caught a fish! That is the only way to go! Thank you Captain Les and First Mate Todd for some great family memories!

4  Thank Rebecca O
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Went for a 4 hour trip with Captain Les and First Mate Todd--what a great experience! They were very friendly and knowledgeable--even working well with the little guy that was scared of the fish!! They brought everyone in on the fun, and gave every person individualized help and attention. We hooked some interesting things, including Croaker, Flounder, and Sea Bass. We had a great time on the boat, and it extended beyond fishing! We saw some dolphins and even caught up with a Humpback Whale that was hanging out in the area. We switched between a couple of spots whenever catches started slowing down, and were instantly assisted whenever needing to replace bait or bring in a catch. I was happy with the fish we walked away with, and Captain Les even escorted us to a place where they would cut up the fish and stayed with us while we waited around. Super nice! We all learned a lot and had a great time--definitely hoping to go out on the Martha Marie again some time! Thanks Captain Les!!

4  Thank Julie M
Reviewed July 23, 2014

My four grandkids, sons-in- law and daughters had another very enjoyable fishing experience with Captain Les and First Mate Todd on the Martha Marie. Both times we have found Captain Les to be professional and very attuned to the different fishing abilities of our diverse group. He and Todd made sure the children caught fish and learned about the different types of fish that were pulled into the boat. When we return next year, we will definitely engage his services again.

3  Thank MaggieNM_8
Reviewed July 21, 2014

I dont know where the bad reviews are comming from. I have had charters with cpt les on the indian when he was running that boat. shes an old girl but tried and true.that was 14 years ago
and the mate was calvin. we had a great time and were always treated with respect. the mate did a fine job. from that experience I have went on to charter with him on several other ocassions
and always was a positive experience. he is a gentile man and a fine captain. we didnt always catch a lot of fish but he always tried to fill our coolers. phil knepp

4  Thank Phillip K
Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I booked a last minute trip with Captain Les to take my ten year old son flounder fishing. We had a wonderful time. Captain Les was sweet, funny and very professional. My son had a great time and caught a variety of fish. My boyfriend and I had a blast and we'll be booking trips with the Martha Marie again very soon!!!! Thank you Captain!!!!!!!

3  Thank Michelle H