“Best Mexican this side of the border.”

Agave Mexican Grill and Tequila Bar
Ranked #5 of 89 Restaurants in Lewes
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Excellent food, margaritas, and service. The best guacamole which ever one you choose! This place gets crowded, does not take reservations, plan on going for early dinner!

1  Thank Tracy S

Reviewed December 1, 2013

My favorite is the breakfast Burrito= served at breakfast and lunch, Margaritas are delicious and there are many types of tequilla you can ask forbut, their houe tequilla is very good. Staff is friendly and the Flan is not to be missed. save room for it

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Great margaritas and good food but not inexpensive for what it is. Always crowded with a 45 minute wait not uncommon.

1  Thank Zudie
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Went here after reading the reviews. The place is on a really cool street in beautiful Lewes DE.
Lots of shops and restaurants and people watching.
Called in advance but was told they did not take reservations, however I was told that since it was a Tuesday night the wait would not be too long. The place was PACKED.
When we showed up we were told 20 minutes - not bad. They have a small and cozy little bar area that made the wait breeze by.
I ordered a sangria and my dining partner had a tequila mixed drink. Both pretty good. For an appetizer we had the bacon wrapped, stuffed and grilled jalapeno. An A + in my book.
For my main course I took the servers suggestion and had a quesadilla of beef tenderloin with poblanos, onions and cheese. Nothing special about it at all. Kind of meager to be honest. My partner had the fish tacos. They were good. Service was good. Atmosphere was excellent. I can see why this is a hot spot but I would have liked to be a little more wowed. Next time I will try something different.

2  Thank njpk
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I was visiting my sister in Lewes, Delaware along with my other sister and we have often tried to get into Agave but the wait has always been too long. This restaurant does not take reservations but on the chance you can get a table, you won't be disappointed. (Try early). First we tried a medley of guacamole mixtures with fresh chips that we simply amazing. My favorite was the one mixed with pumpkin seeds. I had a fig cocktail and then we all tasted each others dishes. The ribs were to die for...the stuffed poblanos....Oh, just heaven and I am already deciding that the fajitas are my next try although they are on order for two persons only. The wait staff was beyond helpful and friendly. The dessert was a mini pumpkin mousse with hearty coffee to finish our meal. Can't wait to go again.