“Loved it.”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Was recently in Lewes and had great dinner at Agave. The place is great - really good Mexican and affordable. Loved my margarita in a pretty cobalt blue painted glass, too. Only thing - the man we checked in with seemed entirely indifferent as to whether we were going to eat there or not. I guess you can get away with that when people continue to sign in, even after being told there would be a 2 hour wait? A friendly greeting upon checking in would have made this dining experience perfect. But loved the guacamole and the empanadas - everything that came out of the kitchen looked great. Will definitely go back!

Reviewed October 7, 2013

This restaurant was dynamite. It had so many wonderful choices on the menu, I didn't know what to choose. The chips were fresh and warm, the guac was extremely fresh and tasty and a big portion. The salsa was good with some spice but not so much that it turns off wimpy tasters. We had a flight of soups. I loved the gazpacho because it was pureed. If you like chunky, you may not like it, but the flavors were wonderful. The roasted corned soup was the best I ever had. The chicken tortilla soup was a little bland. We then had cheese fondido with chorizo for appetizer. Very rich and tasty. Had El gringo quesadilla for main course. It was very fresh and enjoyable but nothing too much out of the ordinary. The coconut cake (which we ate about 5 hours later) was moist and delicious. Atmosphere was fun, a bit noisy. Very good service, very good food. Authentic and fresh. Would definitely go again and would highly recommend.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

I recently enjoyed my first visit to Agave, which came highly recommended by the friend I was dining with that evening. We were told the wait for a table for two was over 2 hours, so we waited for seats at the small bar downstairs (8 comfortable bar stool seats, I believe) and ended up dining there. The mango margaritas were delicious, as were the appetizer and entree we shared. Everything was fresh, plentiful, and the food presentation was the nicest I have ever seen in a Mexican restaurant. The serveware appeared to be well-made, artisan ceramic pieces - some with wrought iron handles. Lovely! The atmosphere is nice, but expect a high noise level. Table are fairly close and the place is hopping; not ideal for babies, young children, or the elderly - especially on a weekend night. Plan ahead to get a table at Agave - the word is out that this is a way-above-average Mexican restaurant!

Reviewed September 23, 2013

We had a great unexpected experience on 9/22/2013, after trying 2 other restaurants, we ended up at Agave, this should have been the first choice, what great food, sure we sat next to the bar on a early Sunday evening, Loud Football Fans, But the food was more Mexican then I had in Cancun last year, the service while hurried was professional and the place was spotless. I do not know how much more of an endorsement I can give you, I understand I was lucky you normally can't get near the place and we walked in, it was early, we had just gotten off the ferry and it was before 5, so if you want a REAL MEXICAN MEAL this is the place to go!

Reviewed September 22, 2013

The Best Mexican Food in Delaware and one of the best in the US! You will need to put your name on the list, give them your cell number, wait 2-3 hrs on a Fri or Sat night for them to call you back in, but... we all do it because IT"S WORTH IT! Go grab a drink or two at the bar if there's any room or hit another local establishment or take a walk on the beach. You have 5 min to get back to claim your table. The drinks are beyond GREAT and if you demand more attentive service, come before or after the crunch. Yes, it can get crowded there but if you can handle the wait, you'll be in for a fabulous meal! If I were smart, I'd tell you how poor the food and service is in order for me to secure easier seating but... that would be selfish. ;)