“Extremely Disappointed”

Abbott's on Broad Creek
Ranked #2 of 26 Restaurants in Laurel
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Innovative, American Cuisine with a focus on sourcing fresh, locally grown products. Open everyday at 11am for lunch & dinner. Join us on Sundays for our Sunday Brunch Buffet from 11am-2:30pm. On & Off Site catering available.
Reviewed July 2, 2018

Had out of town guests with us and thought we were taking them to some place special...were we wrong!. Waitress had to tell us right off, she was working by herself so bear with her - not my problem.....not impressed with the menu, could fine no sides of any kind listed, lots of sandwiches etc. But, the flys made our meal just miserable - not one or two but many, on our food, on our hands, on our faces. We were constantly swipping them away...did mention it to our waitress and she just agreed the flys were terrible....she brought my husbands second glass of wine when she brought the check, ten minutes after he had ordered it.....We were embarassed for our guests and have no plans to ever return.

Date of visit: July 2018
Kevin R, Owner at Abbott's on Broad Creek, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of our restaurant. We're so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience when dining with us. Being that our restaurant is right on the water, sometimes in the warmer months flies are a known issue. We do have pest control in place to try to combat the flies but unfortunately sometimes it's not enough to completely rid our establishment of them. Your thoughts have been shared with our management staff in order for us to continue to improve & we would like to extend an offer to send you a voucher to use at a future visit. If you would like this, please reach out to us at info@abbottsgrill.com so we can get your mailing address & contact information. Thank you again for your feedback & we hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed June 19, 2018

Fun on Trivia Night. Very Popular. Drinks are very good, iced cold. Food excellently prepared and wait staff kind and friendly.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

We went on Father's Day. Not too busy and the food was excellent. We all ordered the crab cake sandwiches and were not disappointed. I'm an Eastern Shore Girl, born and raised and this was one of the best crab cakes I've ever had. The asparagus and crab meat soup was absolutely delicious too! We would have loved to sit out on the deck but it was extremely humid out. It looks like a great place for evening cocktails though.
My only complaint would be that my soup came out after my meal was served. I expected it to come before my meal. Otherwise everything was great!

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed June 16, 2018

Its sort of like diner food, nothing special, nothing terrible. Prices a little high for this kind of diner food.

Date of visit: December 2017
Kevin R, Owner at Abbott's on Broad Creek, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! Your thoughts have been shared with our management staff in order to help us improve. We hope you'll gather at the grill again soon.

Reviewed June 9, 2018

This was another good find in Laurel. I had the Sussex County Surf and Turf. The meal was good. The crab cake, toppings, and succotash were absolutely great! The chicken that came with the dish, was a little dry and chewy.

My wife had the Potato Leak Soup, which was okay.

The service was pretty good up until the point where the waitress forgot about us, and forgot my credit card and left it on the bar...

The presentation of the food was very good.

I would go here again and give them one more try!

Date of visit: June 2018