“A very nice restaurant with good food”

Abbott's on Broad Creek
Ranked #2 of 26 Restaurants in Laurel
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Innovative, American Cuisine with a focus on sourcing fresh, locally grown products. Open everyday at 11am for lunch & dinner. Join us on Sundays for our Sunday Brunch Buffet from 11am-2:30pm. On & Off Site catering available.
Reviewed June 9, 2018

This was another good find in Laurel. I had the Sussex County Surf and Turf. The meal was good. The crab cake, toppings, and succotash were absolutely great! The chicken that came with the dish, was a little dry and chewy.

My wife had the Potato Leak Soup, which was okay.

The service was pretty good up until the point where the waitress forgot about us, and forgot my credit card and left it on the bar...

The presentation of the food was very good.

I would go here again and give them one more try!

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed March 16, 2018 via mobile

After a long day at Johnny Janosik's furniture store, we took a look on Yelp for a suggestion and headed over (5 min away).
The restaurant is situated on a little creek and has big windows that make the place bright.
The calamari appetizer was delicious. My husbands meatloaf was a big winner too! I had chicken, corn & black bean soup that was very tasty with the right amount of spice. Added bonus - The restaurant and bathrooms were very clean and our waitress, Jen, was friendly.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed March 11, 2018

Got an e-mail from Abbotts on Friday March 9 saying "New Happy Hour 2.0 Starts Tomorrow!
Had a busy day Saturday and big lunch. Saturday evening we decided to head to Abbotts to see what the new Happy Hour was like. (We had never been to Abbotts before).
Got there and were seated right away in the Bar area. Looked over the various menus and did not see any mention of the new Happy hour. Asked the server and she acted confused and said that it did not start until next week. Wife asked about a drink special and was again told not till next week. We decided to leave, as the food special I wanted was not available either. We may go back and try again...not sure.

This is a copy of the e-mail title:
Happy Hour 2.0!
Everyday 4-7pm
Starting 3/9

In business it is not unusual to make a mistake, it is how you recover that defines your business. This was a very poor recovery!

Date of visit: March 2018
Kevin R, Owner at Abbott's on Broad Creek, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2018

Hi Darryl-
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are so sorry about the error on our end due to miscommunication that stated the new Happy Hour specials started on 3/9 at our Laurel location when in fact they start this Friday, 3/16. Due to the inconvenience, we'd like to extend an offer to you to come back in & enjoy a drink & appetizer on us. If you would like this, please e-mail info@abbottsgrill.com with your contact information so we can get in touch with you. Again, thank you for sharing your experience & we hope to see you back at the grill soon.

Reviewed February 24, 2018 via mobile

The food was okay, mushrooms on everything and a little overly complicated....sauces and stuff galore most everything was fried. The waitress seemed to think she knew exactly what I was thinking and finished each sentence for me.... no need for me
to say anything. Not sure why I was needed to be there. I actually thought it was a nice place and encouraged my party of 6 to dress nice. As we drive the hour and 40 minutes home someone said glad I didn't get dressed for that. Pictures look better than the atmosphere. Jeans and thirst are completely okay

Date of visit: February 2018

Hi AnnMarie! Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant! We're sorry to hear that your visit wasn't what you & your guests had hoped. Your thoughts will be shared with management & staff to improve upon our guests experience in regards to food, drink & service. Again, thank you for leaving your thoughts & we do hope to see at the grill again.

Reviewed January 24, 2018

Found this place for lunch while sightseeing. It is located on a lake formed on broad creek with inside and outside seating. The service during the winter was excellent (server Tara) with tasty home cooked meals. There is a separate bar area also with a water view. We will be returning next time our travel takes us there.

Date of visit: December 2017

Hi! Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We're so glad that you visited our little town & enjoyed your meal. We hope to see you back at the grill soon!