“Great find in Hockesin ”

Rivera Famous Grill
Ranked #23 of 46 Restaurants in Hockessin
Reviewed September 4, 2017 via mobile

This was my first time at this restaurant. They serve really good traditional Mexican food. They offer lunch specials daily.

The prices are very reasonable.

The service is the best around.

You are served chips upon arrival with three different sauces.

I will definitely return.

Reviewed April 11, 2017

Discovered this little hole in the wall hidden off of Lancaster Ave near Rita's Water Ice. Although I have never eaten inside, take out is a weekly event in our house. Authentic REAL Mexican food. You know that if they have tamales on the menu and theirs are awesome. A truly expansive menu with items you don't see at your typical Mexican restaurant. They have a walk up take-out window and even bring your order to your car when the weather is cold!

Reviewed March 17, 2017

Very good fresh prepared food. We had tacos, that were well made with lots of meat. The salsa's and guacamole were also freshly made. Nice and chunky too. We tried few other small items that we were very satisfied with.

Our waiter was very attentive and helped us with making a few decisions on other things to try.

I called it a diamond in the rough because it is in an older strip mall/industrial area. We drove by it twice.

One you go inside it actually reminded us of a little place in Mexico. Very authentic.

I am going back again tonight. If you don't hear back from me, it is still great

Reviewed November 5, 2016

First, no beer on draft. OK, I drank water. They serve 3 salsas with the chips, a very mild red, a green with a little heat and another "red" with a heat level that is more like what I used to get in Texas. The carnitas I had were fairly good but there was too much fat still attached to the meat and, it was obvious they were not cooked to provide the crustiness I associate with carnitas. The service was extremely slow from getting the food, to getting the check and paying.

Food - If I'm in the area, I might go back and try something different.
Service - Seals the deal, I won't be going back.

Reviewed October 17, 2016

Husband and I bought a groupon to try this place. We will be repeat customers for sure! Atmosphere is authentic, cozy, comfortable. Our server was Franco, who couldn't have been more accommodating. First they serve salsa and chips. Three kinds of salsa, husband enjoys hot and stated two were delicious. Me, I'm more on the not so spicy side. The red salsa was spicy enough for me, quite delicious. My husband got refried beans and rice as a side order. Liked them so much he ordered another! He also had three taco's. Pictured is one taco and one side order of beans/rice. He enjoyed them all, said the steak was the best. I ordered Milanesa De Pollo...pounded thin breaded chicken with rice and refried beans. Served with corn or flour tortillas and pico de gallo. Was absolutely delish! Very reasonably priced, great service, delicious, authentic food.