“Awesome Fried Chicken!!”

Letties Kitchen
Ranked #3 of 46 Restaurants in Hockessin
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 22, 2017

We get catering from Lettie's for office lunches. Their fried chicken is always excellent! Crunchy and moist! Perfect flavor.

Reviewed July 10, 2017

Freshly cooked to order, the fried chicken is well worth the short wait after ordering at the counter. If you are familiar with the menu, you can reduce the wait by ordering ahead by phone. Moist and tender meat inside, and crispy and flavorful on the outside. The sides were fresh and tasty, too; no artificial preservative flavors. A few seats for eating in, but best for take-out. Located near parks; great for picnics.

Reviewed July 10, 2017 via mobile

This place was hands down the best food ever!! Everything's homemade! Get the pasta salad and mac & cheese! Watching the older women cook in aprons was not only adorable but made the place feel "homey." This is better than Popeyes, KFC, and any other fried chicken place ever! PLEASE visit Lettie's. I've only eaten here once and it was the BEST experience. I am from Newark, DE and drove all the way there to get it!! Definitely going again, and again, and again!!

Reviewed June 22, 2017

Broasted Chicken, Mac salad, and a slice of key lime pie. Can life get any better?
Lefties broasted chicken is just great. It's hard to describe the moistness that broasted chicken retains as opposed to standard fried chicken. The frying is done under pressure. Thats how the moisture is kept within the chicken. I usually get a breast and a leg, but I know that if I lost my self control I could eat an entire bird.
The sides are all made on the premises and are better than you mother used to make, because your mom couldn't have made such a variety.
The deserts are so good that for Thanksgiving and Christmas I order a Key Lime pie for our meal at home.
Letties has a few tables inside and a few on the porch, but take out is their forte'.
Call ahead for chicken because what they have out doesn't even have a chance to cool off.
Tom Alexander and his mother Sue have a great business in Hockessin. Letties is a gem in Hockessin. I can't say enough good things without people thinking I work there.

Reviewed May 25, 2017 via mobile

Stoped by for takeout of chicken and twice baked potato. As usual both were best of the best and made for a fine dinner for my wife and I. It is one of our musts, when we are in the area.