“Everything homemade”

Letties Kitchen
Ranked #3 of 46 Restaurants in Hockessin
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 22, 2017

Broasted Chicken, Mac salad, and a slice of key lime pie. Can life get any better?
Lefties broasted chicken is just great. It's hard to describe the moistness that broasted chicken retains as opposed to standard fried chicken. The frying is done under pressure. Thats how the moisture is kept within the chicken. I usually get a breast and a leg, but I know that if I lost my self control I could eat an entire bird.
The sides are all made on the premises and are better than you mother used to make, because your mom couldn't have made such a variety.
The deserts are so good that for Thanksgiving and Christmas I order a Key Lime pie for our meal at home.
Letties has a few tables inside and a few on the porch, but take out is their forte'.
Call ahead for chicken because what they have out doesn't even have a chance to cool off.
Tom Alexander and his mother Sue have a great business in Hockessin. Letties is a gem in Hockessin. I can't say enough good things without people thinking I work there.

Reviewed May 25, 2017 via mobile

Stoped by for takeout of chicken and twice baked potato. As usual both were best of the best and made for a fine dinner for my wife and I. It is one of our musts, when we are in the area.

Reviewed May 18, 2017

I stopped in and did some takeout fried chicken last weekend and it was delicious! I don't particularly care for fried chicken, but that's what the family wanted so I went along. I have to say, this was some of the best fried chicken I've had, especially up North.
I will definitely be back and recommend you give it a try too.

Reviewed May 11, 2017

I don't think I've ever been excited about fried chicken before, but I have to say, after trying the chicken at Lettie's, I've become a fan. Everything you're reading about it here on TripAdvisor is true. It's cooked to order, crunchy on the outside, tender on the inside and delicious all over. Lettie's is about a 25 minute drive from where I live, but it's worth the drive when I'm in the mood for fried chicken. There are only a few tables, and no "ambience," but it's great for take-out.

Reviewed March 16, 2017

we always do take out, ,there is a small eating area.
their chicken is outstanding as well as macaroni salad. we go once a month
when not enough time to cook, call in, 20 min ready for pickup