“Better than average”

Letties Kitchen
Ranked #3 of 46 Restaurants in Hockessin
Cuisines: American
Reviewed February 17, 2017 via mobile

Heard about this place a few weeks ago and have been looking forward to trying it since the reviews were so good. I wouldn't say I was disappointed but I wasn't blown away either. I ordered 12 pieces of chicken, Mac & cheese, macaroni salad and potato salad. I'd rate the chicken 7/10. To compare, I'd rate KFC 5/10. I'm from KY and have eaten and cooked my fair share of fried chicken. Granted this is "broasted"... The sides were good. Mac & cheese had that gritty, homemade texture, which is fine if that's how you like your Mac but it's definitely not creamy or ooey gooey. Macaroni salad was heavy on the vinegar. I found this kind of addicting but it would be off-putting to a lot of people (husband hated it). Potato salad was delightfully simple. I'm not going to rush back, but I wouldn't turn down a meal from Lettie's.

3  Thank Amber S

Reviewed February 15, 2017 via mobile

If you are looking for a place to get lunch, dinner, or just a special side dish Lettie's is Great!
They have a nice selection of fresh salads (with homemade dressing); dinner selections like succulent meatloaf, potatoes,and green beans; and sides like hommade scalloped corn (our family favorite), potato salad, soups, and amazing desserts of all kinds. And, their breasted chicken is not to be missed-by the piece or topping one of their salads. After thinking about all these yummy items, I'll be calling in my order soon!

2  Thank CindyJOH
Reviewed February 3, 2017

The Fried Chicken was good..it isn't southern fried chicken but it was crisp and tasty. The cucumber salad was very good. My wife had the Southwood and she enjoyed it. All in all it was good and worth a visit. This is not a big place, I venture to say most people take their food home rather than eat it there.

2  Thank Charles M
Reviewed December 26, 2016 via mobile

The food is always good. Chicken is always cooked fresh and to perfection. French fries are the best in the area.

2  Thank Freelancepix
Reviewed November 28, 2016 via mobile

We had the breasted chicken, twice baked potato and side salad. Each item was truly best in class, although this is primarily a takeout place, it is well worth it. Be advised all of the chicken is cooked to order, so a call ahead of time speeds the delivery as walk ins get in line for preparation. Also I have noted that the twice baked potato's sell out quickly, so order early if you want one.

2  Thank vrrooom