“"Broasted" is a synonym for outstanding.”
Review of Letties Kitchen

Letties Kitchen
Ranked #3 of 39 Restaurants in Hockessin
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 4, 2015

My wife grew up in Hockessin and wanted to revisit the town. We stopped at Lettie's and were thrilled we did. The chicken is as good as any fried you'll find south of the Mason-Dixon Line, maybe better than all of it. Mac and cheese also outstanding. And the soup of the day was Maryland Crab, which could score very highly in any Eastern Shore contest. Lots of takeout but a few tables available for eat-in.We'll be back -- and it has nothing to do with our familiarity with the town.

Date of visit: June 2015
3  Thank Frank B
Write a reviewReviews (82)

Reviewed April 25, 2015

Great takeout foods. Mac-n-cheese is delicious. Fried Chicken is a family favorite. Homeown charm makes it worth the stop!

Date of visit: July 2014
1  Thank ljm302
Reviewed April 21, 2015

If you are looking for fabulous chicken, look no further than Letties Kitchen. While not much to look at, the chicken is the best I've ever had. Eat in or take out your order. Just make sure you add in a couple of their sides - all are tasty.

i suggest selecting your own mix of legs, thighs and breasts, depending upon your preference.

Date of visit: February 2015
2  Thank tpfmurt
Reviewed March 25, 2015

I have had the delicious chicken and several of the side dishes, which were all well made: mac and cheese, potato salad and cole slaw. What brings me back is the friendly manner of the owner and the delicious, in house made, desserts. The pudding cakes are smooth and creamy. The slices of layer cake are the best I've had in a long time, particularly anything with their chocolate frosting.

Date of visit: March 2015
2  Thank AnnDelaware
Reviewed February 16, 2015

I have purchased several different food items to take home from Letties; most of which has been excellent. Letties makes soups, frozen dinners and the best chicken pot pie in the world! I had requested recently 8 pot pies and they made them for me! We keep them in the freezer for nights when we want comfort food! My only suggestion to Letties would be to include cooking instructions on the packaging as it would be appreciated by most customers.

Date of visit: February 2015