“Mexican Cuisine That's a Cut Above” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Palacio Maya Mexican Restaurant - CLOSED

Palacio Maya Mexican Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Landenberg, Pennsylvania
“Mexican Cuisine That's a Cut Above”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

Mexican Table has been our favorite for quite a while now. The menu features dishes from central and southern Mexico and you'll find things here not available elsewhere. How about stuffed poblano pepper with ground pork & beef, fruit, raisins and almonds with a walnut sauce and pomegranate seeds? Wonderful soups that are so special, we have soup every time. The chef, Nick, is very proud of his menu and experiments regularly. He delivered our lunch himself today so he could get our thoughts on it. The service team is not only friendly but personable and knowledgeable about the menu. New bar for happy hour with a killer Mojito.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Deb H

Delaware
“Mexican with a flair.... now called Mexican Kitchen (?)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

We enjoy this pretty and unique restaurant a few times a year. The food is always good although I'm not a huge fan of this cuisine. However, they offer some creative entrees that I do enjoy, and appreciate the chef's creativity. We dined here right after they changed their name to Mexican Kitchen, although they still seem to continue to market their original name. When I mention they have a creative flair.... one of their specials was a delicious soup.... it was a light, yet creamy cauliflower and some sort of root vegetable, and the soup was absolutely delicious! hame on me for not remembering. They also offer a strawberry and mango salad that I look forward to trying next time we dine there. My husband always orders the steak tacos that he thoroughly enjoys every time. The service is always nice and friendly and they always make us feel welcome. As for their drink menus, I am not a margarita fan, so cannot comment on those although I hear they are good. I am a huge sangria fan and am absolutely appalled at their recipe. Every time I order sangria there (stupid on my part....) I always have faith that they switched their recipe to real sangria. My heart breaks as I see the bartender pour factory-made sangria from a jug, and then opens canned fruit, like the kind you pack in your kids' lunches, and then mixes those together. REALLY? As yummy as my meal is, that truly makes tears of sorrow come to my eyes. But, please don't let that stop you from trying this good place. One more thing- the restaurant is really pretty. They have a lot of Mexican tiles and pottery displayed that I admire every time.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“great value - excellent food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Just got back from dinner with friends. Had good service, great food and large margaritas - authentic :-)

• Visited September 2013
Glen Mills, Pennsylvania
“Authentic Mexican”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

We went here on July 4 after watching the local parade. It was one of the few places that was open so we thought we would give it a try. There were 4 adults and 2 kids. Food was very good. I believe that the waitress was also the owner. She was very helpful and accomodating given the special requests that we had for the kids. Definitely added to our list of places to come back to.

Visited July 2013
Wilmington, Delaware
“Fresh Lime Margaritas and The Best Authentic Mexican Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

When friends and family return to town this is the place they want to return to.

Skip the cheap margarita specials and go for the fresh lime margaritas with the tarantula tequila, pure amazing, or the blood orange martini if it still on special.

There are too many good things on this menu besides the traditional tacos and fajitas, consistent favorites are the Steak Taco De Asada with mushroom and onions, the Alambre Tacos with a blend of beef, chicken, and chorizo, or the authentic Chile En Nogada, which is the poblano pepper stuffed with sweet savory ground pork and beef, blended with minced dried fruit, then battered, fried, and topped with a creamy walnuts sauce and pomegranate seeds.

Almost a year ago the restaurant hired a new chef and started adding specials in addition to the regular choices. I was a little apprehensive at first to try the specials, it just did not seem like that kind of restaurant, but the chef has demonstrated lots of skill using traditional Mexican ingredients in new ways and his dishes have lately been some of my favorite meals, a real tasty surprising adventure. Some of my favorites have been the Roast Duck with Chili peppers, Short Ribs in a Mole style sauce, and a beautiful Southwestern Style Chipotle Cioppino. If you want to be challenged about what Mexican food can be, the specials are worth a try, it might not be as authentic, but the flavors are good and dishes are well prepared.

Be sure to ask for the hot salsa, it’s made with whatever peppers are in season and never the same amount of heat twice, can be very hot, but always good.

Service is good, staff is friendly, and prices are reasonable.

• Visited June 2013