“clean/organized/comfortable!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Harrington
Duncannon, Pennsylvania
“clean/organized/comfortable!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

When working in the state of Delaware, I use this motel most often due in fact that it is centrally located in the middle of the state. Its overall outside appearance speaks volumes to the weary traveler and extends a warm welcome. Once inside, the appearance is even better than the outside! Im always greeted by a friendly face at registration. The rooms are first class and one thing I'm always sure of is that the room are thoroughly cleaned daily. Ask yourselves a question about some of the motels you've stayed in.........would you take a bath in the bathtub? I am a professional man and work on the railroad. Some days, a nice hot bath is welcomed after a hard day afield. I NEVER worry about the tub being cleaned at this motel & have soaked away many a rough day. I do enjoy the resturants and even the casino that are within a mile in either direction.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Alan H
Holiday Inn Exp... H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harrington, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Alan H, Thank you for such a wonderful review! I'm so glad you feel comfortable and able to relax 100% while staying with us.We look forward to your next visit,its always a pleasure too see you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Annapolis, Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

Based on other reviews here, I expected more. Checking was quick and pleasant. As soon as we emerged from the elevator on the second floor, there was a stale stench of smoke even though all of the doors had a no smoking sign posted on them? Upon entering the room at the nearly empty hotel, we immediately could hear people in the room above us stomping around. Why would they put us in a second floor room directly under people when the hotel was not even at half capacity and we were in for only one night? We thought that by the time we returned from the casino it would not be an issue, so we headed over to Harrington to use our free slot dollars (more about that on a casino review). We returned to the room around 9:30 PM and it sounded as though marching band practice was taking place above complete with some banging noises from the percussion section. I inquired about the issue and was told the would need to check into it and they may be able to move us. At that point we decided to tough it out with drowning out the noise with our television. The TV was, in fact, was quite nice. A large HD flat screen. We ended up having a restful night. The morning brought more issues with ice cold water from the sink even after letting the water run for 5-10 minutes. The front desk clerk had no idea why that would be. After a mediocre breakfast, with a hair in my eggs. My husband and I returned to the room hoping for a warm shower. I went first and had hot water, but two-thirds of the way through my husband 's shower the hot water ran out. The staff was friendly, but there was no maintenance on duty to address the issue. Not what I expect as a platinum IHG member.

Room Tip: Top floor room away from highway nay be more quiet.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Holiday Inn Exp... H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harrington, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Please accept my sincere apologies.I am so sorry to hear that you encountered so many issues while staying at our property. The issues were never brought to my attention. I can assure you I would have made this right before you left the property. Here at Harrington Holiday Inn Express we want to ensure every guest has a wonderful experience while staying with us. Please contact me at the hotel so we can further discuss the issues you have noted.
hampton Roads
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

We have stayed here a number of times over the last few years. It's a great stay when visiting Harrington or Dover as well as a way point when heading north for family visits.

The grounds are kept up and the hotel and rooms have always been clean and comfortable for us.

Our Priority membership is recognized and we are treated well each stay.

The staff on our last visit were professional and eager to help as needed .

I would recommend this property to any traveler .

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Holiday Inn Exp... H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harrington, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review. We are always happy to hear from our return guests. I will agree our staff does a great job of taking care of our guests.Satisfaction is our # 1 goal! I will pass along the review to our staff We hope to see you again soon.
Chesapeake, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

My husband and another couple stayed one night at this hotel on November 9, 2013. I check in was quick, employees were very friendly and helpful . We were given bottled water and snacks at check-in. There was coffee, tea , hot chocolate and cookies for your pleasure all evening. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. This was one of the nicest hotels I have stayed in including the hotels at Dover Downs.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Holiday Inn Exp... H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harrington, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Our entire staff thanks you for the wonderful review and heartfelt comments. It makes a big difference to all of our guests,as it did for you,that every guest feels welcomed and appreciated. We are glad our staff took good care of you and we hope to see you and your friends on a return visit.
Odenton, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

It's nice to see consistency in a hotel chain. Never have had any issues when reserving a room. Great location, friendly staff and clean rooms. Free shuttle to Harrington Casino and Raceway. Will definitely return.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Holiday Inn Exp... H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harrington, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful comments on our property. Here at Holiday Inn Express we strive to make every guests stay memorable and encourage return visits.We look forward to seeing you back to enjoy another stay here as well as having a little fun at the casino.
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Spacious clean rooms, comfortable beds, amazing full breakfast & very friendly staff. As rewards members we received a welcome bag at check in with water/snack and also a late check out which we really needed. The price might be a little higher than you are used to but they go above & beyond to make your stay the best!

• Stayed September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Holiday Inn Exp... H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harrington, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Thanks for being a Member of the IHG Reward Program. Its good to hear that you enjoyed the local perks such as your welcome "goodie bags" and the later checkout. Our staff will appreciate all the nice comments you left regarding the room cleanliness,breakfast and the friendlness of our employees. Hope to see you on a return visit.
Jackson, New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

My dad and I decided to go on a two day mini-trip down to Delaware for short getaway. This was the place we chose since the Holiday Inn Express in Bethany Beach. We booked a suite room, and we were given the BEST SUITE IN THE HOUSE! There was a big cathedral window, a couch/pull out bed, a kitchenette, a dinette, and two queen beds. The Internet was mediocre which was kind of a suprise. My connection was down to three bars but I survived.
The breakfast bar was just fine and there were no problems withthe food.
My dad and I had the whole outdoor swimming pool to ourselves when we were there. I took advantage of the fitness center.
I will definitely stay here again whenever I come back to Delaware. This is a great hotel and I think anyone else who will stay there will love it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Holiday Inn Exp... H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harrington, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to submit such a nice review.I am happy to know you and your dad enjoyed your stay with us. I'm sure you enjoyed having the pool all to yourself, the weather has been wonderful. We look forward to having you as a return guest.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harrington
Quality Inn and Suites
Days Inn & Suites Milford
Dover Downs Hotel & Casino
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dover
Red Roof Inn & Suites Dover Downtown

Been to Holiday Inn Express Harrington? Share your experiences!