“Dirty & Disgusting! Would never go back!!”

Quality Inn and Suites
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Harrington
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Overall the hotel is outdated, dirty, and over priced! In our 2 bed room, there was some mold/fungi/alien type growth in the little fridge. The tiny fridge is on the floor so you know no one cleans it. This grossed me out so much that I almost threw up when I saw it. There was also some kind of moldy disgusting spill behind the toilet. I guess it was from a leak in the toilet. Needless to say but obviously it had been there for some time and never cleaned or taken care of. The shower floor felt dirty and scummy and I highly recommend bringing shower shoes if you still have a desire to visit this hotel. The hotel still uses comforters on the bed, which is just disgusting to me because these are never washed. Most hotels these days just have a small runner on the end of the bed over the linens. The comforters had tons of stains/holes and I didn't want to even touch it to kick it on the floor. The floors also have tons of stains from who knows what and there was some kind of blood stain on the side of our mattress. I'm telling you, this hotel is old, dingy, and not clean. I can't believe they call it a lodge & suites. There is nothing sweet about these "suites." Enter the pool area at your own risk. As soon as you walk in its about 90 degrees in there, which I know it is when its an indoor pool, but this just felt like a bacteria breeding ground in the musty heat. If you take a look around and notice how the tables have a blanket of dirty sticky dust, then its safe to say that the pool is not maintained at all. My 6 year old child even could see that the pool was just gross (& green!) The windows in the pool area are dirty, stained, and muggy. The elevator makes extremely loud beeps and when we got off, I overheard the front desk lady laughing about it to another guest because the elevator is "so ancient." Everything in this hotel is ancient and not maintained! Honestly, for the price of this hotel, which is about $150 a night, you can stay at one of the many other nicer & cleaner hotels in the area. This hotel is a nightmare!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank M S

Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

The service was outstanding and extremely friendly. The room was excellent in every way. Would recommend it highly and plan to try other hotels in this chain because it was so good!

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed May 29, 2012

we really enjoyed ourstay at the hotel. It was reasonably priced and the quality of service was amazing. we usually pay more for the type of room that we occupied.

Room Tip: the 2bedroom king size with jaccuzzi
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 9, 2012

My Husband and I have been going here for at least 2 years now for Nascar. We love coming here it is very personable the staff is very nice. We are also making it more of a vacation week after the race and are able to keep the same room and stay 2 extra days. The indoor pool is nice and the pool table. Enjoy going here

Room Tip: suites have hot tubs
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 9, 2012

On my way to Florida I accidently found Americinn. I was impressed at the time. The hotel looked fairly new with large rooms. It was off Rte 13 and on "Corn Crib Road", which meant it was very rural. I needed a place for dog. I would have given it a C rating for convenience. On the back I called for reservations and told them I had a dog.The price was $125. I had to be given a another room that was designated for dogs. For $125 a night I expect a decent room. It was marred by old cigarette burns on the rug, and nightstand. The biggest surprise came whenI was taking a bath and noticed a dark black stain inside the toilet. It was disgusting to say the least.I couldn't wait to get out of there. When I went in the bak to walk my dog, I discovered a huge ditch or small pond with refuse scattered in it.Not a healthy place to walk the dog. Many place supply plastic bags for your dogs.Not this place. I had to order takeout from Dominos. I didn't see any nearby restaurants.
The breakfast was marginal. I was not impressed. When I went to pay my bill they refused to take myVisa debit even though a Visa symbol was posted outside the door. I was shocked.So I paid in traveler's checks and I believe I was shortchanged. At that pont there was no onebehind the desk. At this point I was simply glad to leave. I would not go here again.

Room Tip: Ask that there are no burn marks on the rugs and furniture.Request a change.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank baklavaqueen
Reviewed March 31, 2012

Never heard of this chain b4. However, will not hesitate 2 stay at this location or another in the future. Loved everything about this place. Great layout, staff & pool!! Located across the highway from the DE Ice hokey rink & the Harrington casino.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed February 27, 2012

At 1st look at this large and well-kept hotel you would think that it’s going to be a real nice place to stay, well just goes to show that looks are not everything. My husband and I stay at a motel at least twice a month just to get out and be with each other. We almost always pick an AmericInn’s place to stay, however it’s either the Rehobeth or Milford ones. But this time we decided to try out Harrington’s BC of its closeness to our home. Well at 1st I can say that they were very accommodating by allowing us to have an early check in. But the way this large establishment is set up is annoying. Their parking lot is really far away from either set of doors so parking close and getting our stuff and us into the hotel was not an option unless we parked illegally and left our vehicle unattended, which we didn’t, so we parked as close as possible and hiked all of our belongings at one time in the frigid heavy winds & cold to the back doors and up to our room. The room itself was so disappointing compared to other rooms we have had. The décor was plain and cheap and looked unfinished in the bathroom/sink area. The safe, fridge, and ancient microwave were kept under the bathroom sink! Real fun getting items in & out of them, I literally had to set on the floor to load the fridge. The room was smaller and the Jacuzzi was real small! It would only hold one person at a time. The one we had in Milford was big enough to hold us both and then some. The TV on the other hand was very nice. However it would only allow the volume to go so high and when you had the water on in the Jacuzzi or the switch to turn on the jets, you couldn’t hear it at all! So we decided to go to the pool so we both could enjoy something at the same time, well wouldn’t you know it, the pool had NO HEAT! They had a warning sign on the door stating the pool was very cold (duhh) and the heating system was down for the time being (never was fixed while we were there). The hot tub in the pool area on the other hand was delightful and it was a shining moment. We returned to our room at midnight while there were loads of teenagers & younger children running up & down the halls, trying to unlock our door, throwing ice at one another and just being loud & disruptive. Called the front desk, complained and still it was almost 1am before all was settled down. During this time my husband wanted to try out the Jacuzzi BC it’s the whole reason why we even paid the extra money for that room. Well OF COURSE when he pushed the button in to turn the jets on, it kicked in for about 2 seconds then shut off and wouldn’t come back on. By this time I was done. I didn’t call the front desk BC for one I didn’t want someone in my room trying to fix whatever was wrong at such a late hr and for 2 I was just so completely worn out I just wanted sleep. When we finally checked out I informed the front desk person that the jets were not working, she told me that it’s a blown breaker and it always happens all the time! I asked why don’t someone fix the problem and she stated that she has been trying to get “them” to investigate it and fix it for some time now but it hasn’t happen yet. I said that they should put up a sign explaining that if this happens not to worry, it’s a simple breaker blown and can be easily fixed BC if I would have known that I would have called and gotten it fixed. Never stay here again, will travel the extra distance to stay in Milfords little nicer one!!

Room Tip: Go to the Milford one instead! Much much better all around!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Chantel C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harrington
Holiday Inn Express Harrington
Best Western Galaxy Inn
Comfort Suites Seaford
Comfort Suites Seaford
#2 of 6 in Seaford

Been to Quality Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!