“Enormous selection of food”

Harrington Raceway & Casino
Reviewed December 16, 2012

This buffet is without a doubt the biggest selection of different kinds of food that I've ever seen. The food is good but since their remodeling, the prices have increased. Not the best bang for your buck.

1  Thank Kneesinthebreeze
There are newer reviews for Harrington Raceway & Casino

Reviewed November 22, 2012

We visited here and had a great time.

We are penny slot folks. We played many of the machines and had fun and even came back with some winnings.

The casino was surprisingly uncrowded for a Saturday night. We moved freely and no drunks or rowdy folks at all.

We decided to eat the buffet for dinner and were pleasantly surprised that it was 2 for 1 prime rib !! We saved some on the meal and very much enjoyed it.

A very nice evening. We will return.

1  Thank w8n4simplertimes
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I used to go to Dover Downs more frequently but in the last year or so, Harrington (Midway) has moved up to be my favorite in DE.

As a previous reviewer mentioned, the buffet is tops! I was there on a recent Friday in the late afternoon/early evening so I guess I was eating the dinner buffet. The boneless, fried pork chops were done to perfection. They were crisp, but not overly so. They were still nice and juicy inside. If I hadn't been in public, I would have put them between two slices of bread and had a real sammich. I also had sheppard's pie - quite yummy. They have a variety of brownies and bars on the dessert buffet. They are very good and I find them better than the pies, cakes and cookies, which look a lot like packaged Pepperidge Farm cookies. On other occasions, I have had their greens and they were also very good,

The casino is not as large as Dover but after several renovations over the years, it has a nicer layout. There a nice mixture of machines.

The only downside is that some areas, under the vents, tend to be a little cold. I usually keep a jacket with me during all seasons.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that the casinos are non-smoking.

1  Thank FergieSolo
Reviewed November 7, 2012

While I am not an avid gambler, this casino is more to my taste as it is small and less glitzy than most. Buffet is very good and lots of choices. No one should go away hungry. My only suggestion would be they should add more veggies. It's a carnivore's delight, beef, chicken, pork, seafood selections are plentiful and most are appealing. Each night has a specialty menu.

1  Thank number3girl
Reviewed October 17, 2012

This is a small and friendly casino. There is something for everyone who enjoys a casino and race track. The have an excellent buffet with specials every night. They have an excellent restaurant BONZ.