“wow what a change”

Newport News, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“wow what a change”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

went on a bus tour to this casino on Saturday Oct 13, 2012. This place has changed I remember when it was a one room concrete floor casino. It has changed so much; no outside buffet, little bathroom is gone (they have several now). The buffet is great, it is a non smoking facility (that is fantastic). They have gaming tables a band and it is worth the trip to try this casino.

Visited October 2012

Noblesville, IN
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Not bad”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

This is a small casino and we had limited choices being in DC. We heard bad things about the casino in Baltimore so we decided to make the drive here. It is kinda in the boonies. But, it was a nice place. They are non-smoking which is a plus and had $5 table limits, so you can gamble for quite a while. I will agree with another poster, that the dealers seemed a little inexperienced, so you do need to pay attention. We played for a few hours and didnt lose any, but didnt win much either. Walking out of a casino with a push is pretty good these days.

Visited September 2012
Richmond, Va.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Not bad for small Casino”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

First time @ Harrington. Casino has slots ,table games, and horse track. There was no racing taking place during our visit. Typical of state run casinos the alcohol is not comp. More than the usual number of penny slots. had to really look for the $1-$5 machines. Several conveniently place lounges....one is an outdoor patio lounge with band plating most Sat&Sun nites.
Buffet was affordable with quite a variety. Seating was a little close. Staff was polite and helpful. Located right on Highway 13 at the state fairgrounds property....you could easily ride past if you didnt know it was there.

Visited September 2012
Delaware
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Great buffet”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Seating was fast (if it's not seafood night), buffet was great and the waitress(s) were attentive. The buffet had everything from salad to dessert -- and everything you can imagine in between. The only drawback for us, the seating was too close and if you're at one of the small tables in the middle, you get knocked and bumped into with ladies pocketbooks (yeah, some still carry those big things and don't seem to know/care if you get smacked in the head while passing by with their full plates).

Visited August 2012
1 Thank vhindel
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Skip the tables and stick with the slots”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I stopped by harringtons on the way back from a 2 night stay in Atlantic City. Although the facility itself was beautiful, I can't say much about the gambling. I am a seasoned gambler and have gambled all over the United States. I arrived on a Friday around five and sat down at a 10 dollar blackjack table. in five hands the dealer made mistakes and tried to take money on a push and win. People count your cards because this dealer couldn't. Needless to say I left the table and went to Roulette. After twenty minutes the replacement dealer although very friendly didn't know the payouts on thirds and fourth. I just cant believe how inexperienced these people are..... I would recommend this casino if I were a slot player. Finally, I couldn't believe how old the clientele was....I would say the average age was 65....If you are below 40 this is not the place for a good time...

3 Thank Kristin V