“all the comforts of home”
Review of Super 8 Harrington

Super 8 Harrington
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Harrington
Denton, Maryland
“all the comforts of home”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I have stayed here in the past and was very disappointed by staff and rooms. I decided to give this hotel another try since I was informed it had new owners and was greatly pleased. The new owners are renovating the place and have replaced alot of staff that either didn't know what they were doing or were very rude. Anita was great got me checked in right away and was a very pleasant person to talk to. after we got into our room she even called to make sure that everything was okay with our room and that we were pleased. I will definately come back again

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Woodbridge, Virginia
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Very, Very late getting back with this review and I have plently pictures.

Nothing has changed no improvements. Seems Management does not care. Check in is easy. finding room easy. Open door and that is when all hell just breaks loose.

I come to this location for the ease to which I can go to my Sister n Laws house. Plus me and the Mrs. get quiet time away from our children who want to sleep over with their cousins. Also I am cheap this is the lowest priced hotel in the area and YES you get just what you pay for. I do have to say isn't trying your best suppose to be FREE!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Super8Harrington, Owner at Super 8 Harrington, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear Customer. We have just recently taken ownership of this property and assure you that there are many changes to come. Room renovations are set to begin early January. The condition of the rooms is run down from mismanagement from the previous owner but we intend to change that to the best of our ability. The staff is working hard to make changes but within their capable limits. Please accept our apologies and allow us to improve the property in the next few months. After that, I can assure you that you will not be disappointed. Thank You.

Travelers are raving about these Harrington hotels

Erie, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I stay in DE once a year, usually Days Inn in Dover. Decided to try Super 8 in Harrington this year. It was the worst experience ever!!! When we arrived, the front desk attendant had already billed my credit card for 3 nights which, for starters, did not please me. Once in the room we notice the door doesn't shut properly without really pushing on it. The room was dirty and towels were stained. All of that I could of dealt with but during our 2nd night we were awoken at 2:30am by someone trying to force themselves into our room. The man was yelling and was very irrate! At 2:30am when you get woke up like that you think the worse!! The man had our door open and had his hand inside trying to move the safety bar off the door that we thankfully had been using. After my boyfriend jumping out of bed and screaming at the guy to get out the man left. The front desk called moments after this happened and explained they had given the man our room and activated his key to our room. Terrible experience!! We had our 9 and 6 year old in the room who were terrified! We left the motel and went to Days Inn were we should of stayed from the beginning!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Super8Harrington, Owner at Super 8 Harrington, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Miss,
I apologize for the late night issue. There have been changes due to new ownership and have caused confusion among staff. This kind of occurrence will never happen again. The staff member on duty apologizes over and over again for the mishap. As for the quality of the room, we are sorry to hear of your disappointment, we are in the midst of making major changes to the rooms and overall property. Renovations are being carried out during the winter months to update and clean up all the rooms. If I had known earlier of your disappointed stay, I could have made changes to accommodate you better. Once again sorry for everything that has happened, I can assure you that major changes are occurring to prevent things like this from happening.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harrington
Quality Inn and Suites
Hampton Inn Milford
#1 of 3 in Milford
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dover
Mainstay Suites Dover

Been to Super 8 Harrington? Share your experiences!