“Great place for a good Steak”
Review of BONZ

BONZ
Reserve with OpenTable
BONZ is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 19 Restaurants in Harrington
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Great upscale restaurant in SouthCentral Delaware. They have really good steaks! It is located in the Harrington Casino and you may be there dressed in your jeans, but bring a change of clothes. Button shirt or polo shirt and nice slacks for the men.

1  Thank LBBA2010

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Fine dining restaurant located inside the casino at Harrington. I had the colossal crab cocktail as an appetizer and it was huge! Fresh lump crabmeat in a martini glass with a small soft shell tempura crab as a garnish. A tasty dipping sauce was also included. For dinner my husband had the catch of the day on a bed of fresh vegetables. He's not a fish person but said this was very good. I had a rib eye steak that was cooked to perfection, very tasty and tender. Service was excellent and our entire dining experience was enjoyable - I even won some money after dinner at the roulette table!

2  Thank MMB101
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Bonz is probably the best restaurant in Harrington Delaware. That's okay, but it's not saying much. If you are willing to leave Harrington there are better options.

Bonz's prices are high-end, like what you would expect at a Ruth Chris' Steakhouse. And you pay separately for side dishes, as you do at Ruth Chris'.

That would be okay if the experience was in line with Ruth Chris', but it isn't. You are in an alcove somewhat separate from the Harrington Casino's slot machines. At most of the tables you are still within sight and within earshot of them. That's like having video game consoles in a restaurant -- not classy.

The restaurant is nicely finished, but doesn't really have any character. Nobody took the time to make it distinctive in any way.

The food. My wife ordered a Ceasar Salad and enjoyed it. We both ordered steaks. Her's was a fillet, mine was a ribeye. Since Bonz advertises itself as a steakhouse, and charges premium prices, you'd expect our steaks would have been exceptional. Well, they weren't bad. My wife enjoyed her fillet. It was a bit underdone -- enough that our waitress noticed -- but rare meat doesn't bother my wife.

My steak was a bit tough in spots, but very flavorful. Second rate meat, first rate preparation.

Both steaks were served with a 'homemade' potato chip on top. Slightly burned and greasy. The fried onions we ordered were, in my wife's words, "too floury". That, and too greasy. We left most of that $6.00 side dish.

My biggest gripe about Bonz is the cost. If they charged average prices I would have rated the place well. After all, the steaks and the service were both pretty good. But their premium prices aren't in line with the experience. And I rarely ding a restaurant on their prices. I have no problem paying major bucks for a special evening. Bonz prices set high expectations, but they fell well short.

If you are looking for a better dining experience in a casino setting I'd recommend Michelle's at the Dover Casino. Much more elegant, and on Thursday nights they offer ladies entrees at half price.

For an even better experience I'd recommend The Brick Hotel in Georgetown. That place drips character and does fine dining up proper. High on our favorite restaurant list.

3  Thank EABPE
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Tell em to hold the veal. noodles and sauce and salad really good.

1  Thank Rey D
Reviewed June 16, 2012

After reading the 4 reviews we still decided to spend our 40th wedding anv. At bonz. Our server was great and the food was excellent. We live in the area and this was one of the best dinners we have had in 10 years

2  Thank jtzale

Been to BONZ? Share your experiences!