“Service was great, owner was laid-back and friendly. His breakfast was delish!”
Review of Graystone Inn B&B

Graystone Inn B&B
Graystone Inn B&B
Ranked #1 of 1 Harbeson B&B and Inns
Alexandria, VA
Reviewed May 26, 2009

Great experience. Tony, the manager was friendly and laid back. He gave us his cell phone number and was very reachable throughout the weekend. We happened to be the only guests staying there for the two nights so he let us pick whichever room we wanted, even though we had paid for the smallest room. The house is great. It has tons of space and a beautiful backyard. We went out there in the mornings to work out and went running in the pretty country surrounding the Inn. We were planning to bring our dog but decided not to, but he would have really enjoyed staying there. Overall, we were totally satisfied and hope to come back soon with our friends (and dog).

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mramz

Gambrills, Md.
Reviewed July 11, 2008

Julie and Mitch were the perfect host and hostess. Our room was on the medium to small size but it had a private bath which was important to us. The only thing I would change is a more effecient a/c unit. The room was quite warm and the unit didn't seem to cool us down that fast.
The food was great, and plenty of it ,with fresh flowers and vegetables from the garden, starting our day off well.

• Liked — Friendly host and helpfulness of the beach area
  • Disliked — A/C needs to properly cool room
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
Washington DC
Reviewed July 3, 2008

Each time we have visited the Graystone Inn we have had a very special (and romantic) experience. Mitch and Julie, the proprietors, have created a magical little world in their very large Victorian house as well as in their spacious garden. Each of the rooms is decorated with a different theme and the bathrooms are filled with special soaps and toiletries. The public spaces, including foyer, living room, dining room and sunroom are comfortable and relaxing and nicely decorated.

Mitch recommended a wonderful restaurant on our first stay (Gilligans) and we have enjoyed eating there each time. SInce the Graystone Inn is located a couple of miles from the beach, we find that we can get away from the beach crowds and noises in their quiet place surrounded by little nearby shops and farmland. Right next door there are several antiques vendors and a very large barn with lots of furniture and gift items as well.

Julie's little gift shop is teeming with hand-picked jewelry, soaps, perfumes, housewares, and clothing that reflect her eclectic and excellent taste. We always find very special gifts there for ourselves and others!

Julie's kitchen garden yeilds lots of lovely breakfast items including blueberry stuffed French Toast and fruit salad. We will keep returning even after the high beach season!

• Liked — Friendly proprietors, beautiful house
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
SLM519
Reviewed June 2, 2008

The Graystone Inn was very nice, it was my first time at a Bed and Breakfast but I did enjoy it. Very affordable and would definitely go back!

• Liked — The price and the service we received.
  • Disliked — Sharing a bathroom, even though it wasn't a problem I was afraid it could be.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
Baltimore
Reviewed May 11, 2008

Beautifully decorated, peaceful, and a delicious breakfast. I would recommend this lovely B & B to anyone heading to the beaches of Delaware and surrounding attractions. This was my first experience staying at a B & B and I will return again in the future. Don't pass this charming stay up. It is worth the serenity.
Mary and Jamie

• Liked — We were the only ones there. Was quiet and romantic
  • Disliked — If crowded would have to share bathroom
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
Annapolis MD
Reviewed September 30, 2007

Wow! I've always loved staying at B&Bs because they are more personal and comfortable- a little piece of home away from home. But Julie and Mitch went above and beyond the call of duty! I came with a lot of "baggage" - a parrot, for one, and loads of stuff for a triathlon I was in town for - lots of equipment and a bike, and a time schedule that was certainly out of ordinary.
]
They were great at being accomadating to me and the parrot, who thouroughly enjoyed the change of pace and scenery. Julie even kept Sunday breakfast warm for me until I could return after my triathlon (and what a great post-race meal the stuffed double blueberry french toast was!). And talk about great recommendations for where to eat, what to see and what spa to visit....!!! I'll be back for the race next year, and I'm staying at the Graystone!

• Liked — Away from the bustle but perfeclty located to several areas.... and perfect hosts.
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled solo
NYC
Reviewed July 23, 2007

At the last minute, one of our cats wasn't feeling well and I called Julie, one of the inn's proprietors, to ask if the cat could come along. She was completely obliging about it, and so we showed up with the cat and settled her in our room. Not only did Julie check in on the cat the two days we were out and about, she gave her extra food and let me leave her there on our last day, even though we'd checked out, so the cat wouldn't have to spend hours in a hot car. I was truly impressed by how nice both owners were about helping out in this situation, and I was really grateful. Whether or not you want to bring a pet along on your trip, I feel sure that the kind of care that we got is the kind of care everyone gets at the Graystone, which is to say, exceptionally good.

• Stayed July 2007
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harbeson
Brick Hotel On The Circle
Hampton Inn Rehoboth Beach
Hampton Inn Rehoboth Beach
#8 of 27 in Rehoboth Beach
Sleep Inn & Suites Rehoboth Beach Area

Been to Graystone Inn B&B? Share your experiences!