“Great Pizza!”

Cafe Tamburelli's
Ranked #1 of 12 Restaurants in Greenwood
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed August 13, 2014

I am originally from NJ and have lived in DE for 18 years. I've tried several places since moving here and this is the best the area has to offer. They even make some specialty pies. The margherita pizza was great. I've had it here twice. The second time I had to ask for it since it wasn't on the menu. Worth a stop.

1  Thank Grizpin

Reviewed July 30, 2014

A friend of mine in Ocean View DE told me about Tamburelli's Restaurant in Greenwood DE. She said they have awesome NY style pizza and the owner is from Italy. She drives 1 hour to visit the place so it had to be good. We lived in Long Island and miss the NY pizza so we gave it a try on our way from Delaware to Howard County MD. She was right. The pizza was fantastic, thin style and a great crust. We had sausage and mushrooms and the sausage was really good. Took home an Italian sub with the works of Salami, capacola ham, ham, provolone and the works. The bread is great and so is the sub. They have hand made cannolis that are plain or chocolate dipped. They were great too! Waitress was very friendly and I spoke to the owner to tell him we enjoyed the pizza and he was very nice. The restaurant is not fancy and has cute checkered tables and pictures from italy on the walls. Great food and attentive service. We will definitely be back!

Reviewed May 2, 2014

Pizza Veneziana was literally the best pizza we have ever eaten ( wife agreed)..two cheeses,fresh tomatoes, spinach, and homemade ricotta! Much much better than seashore pizza chains...had very good salad on previous visit. Friendly servers.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

We don't go out for pizza, but this one is worth it. I always want to go only here when I must have some really good pizza. The crust is wonderful and the toppings are great! You can call ahead if you are in a hurry. This is not a fancy place, but, boy do they know how cook!

Reviewed March 5, 2014

But if I had to eat there, Cafe Tambureli's would be it.. NEVER had bad food or service there! That "Family Place" on the north side of Greenwood is just 50/50.. Nothing about it would get you back soon..