“Great, expensive pizza”

Pizza By Elizabeths
Reserve with OpenTable
Pizza By Elizabeths is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We returned to Pizza by Elizabeths unexpectedly after an event we were attending didn't have any food. It was a Thursday night so we didn't need a reservation; however, 80% of the tables were filled. We each had a salad to start ($7 each). She had a regular sized Jackson and I had a regular sized make your own with 4 toppings ($16.50 each). Since we had salads, we only ate half of our pizza. Our service was good. The pizzas were very good. My only negative is the price - it's not cheap.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

This was a really cute café with comfortable seating and visually interesting décor. The pizza we had was really good. You could tell that they use really fresh, home made dough and sauce and the highest quality of veggies and cheeses. My only wish was that they were a bit more family friendly. I could have used a coloring sheet or other distraction for my 3 year old twins.. and they only had 2 choices on the kids menu. Luckily, mine kids were willing to share a "grilled cheese pizza." Other than that small inconvience, I really liked this place.

1  Thank Tami C
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Pizza by Elizabeths is more than just a place to experience artisan pizza from a wood fire open oven. The entrance has a cover area with big faux trees and sparkly lighting that is really an escape on a fall, spring or summer night. The huge dining areas feature a long white stone bar, couches, many booths and tables with a decor, that will make it a great stop for a casual visit, special occasion or a great date spot!

Our lunch started with attentive service and a hostess with plenty of gracious personality. The soup is a little pricey but delicious. There are two sizes (regular $7.50...basically a cup...or $6.25 mini...can't imagine the mini is much of a deal). The soups were awesome. Elizabeths' Cream of Tomato is a signature soup, that is rich and flavorful served with your choice of fresh baked white or wheat bread sticks. The "Irish Car Bomb Stew" was a daily feature and made with Guinness and Jameson, doused with creme fraiche. Great stuff.

Our Pizza Davis - Spicy blackened chicken, bacon, fire-roasted peppers, cheddar, and provolone, drizzled with honey-mustard sauce. (mini $12/regular $16.50)....we had the large and it was excellent, but came to the table barely warm. Our waitress had it heated again, without drying it out or scorching it. Definitely a good choice for two.

Now I know they're known for pizza, but the dessert was kick'in! According to our server, regular dessert items are rotated thru the menu. Wow, we were lucky the Jewish Apple Cake was on there, this day! Even though it did not say so, the moist cake is served warm, with high quality ice cream and a pile of freshly whipped heavy sweet cream ($6).......This alone was worth the dining experience.

Entertainment is available at certain times if you check. Really cool place for a date or special occasion. Casual elegance. All of this with 2 draft Stellas = $43 before tip.

1  Thank RoadTripper516
Reviewed March 20, 2013

LOVE LOVE LOVE!! The white peach sangria is my favorite :) They have awesome pizza. Great breadsticks and the best ranch dressing. Service is amazing. I love sitting outside during the summer.

1  Thank BrandiBookworm
Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

I just loved this place!! I was at the Winterthur Museum, which was my last stop of the Delaware History Trail, and was looking for a place to have an early dinner. Pizza by Elizabeth's was such a delicious surprise. As soon as I got there, I was taken back by its great decor and atmosphere; it seemed I was in a restaurant in Manhattan or Paris. The restaurant has an exquisite menu, with a great variety of pizzas, salads and diverse entrees. The staff is very attentive and efficient, even being of young age. I opted for not having dessert and the waitress gave me two small chocolate pecan bars with my check anyway; a nice and sweet touch. If you're at the Hagley Museum, Delaware Museum of Natural History or Winterthur Museum, you have to stop by. I can't wait to go back to Delaware just to experience eating at Pizza by Elizabeth's again!!

1  Thank Paula M