“High exceptation”

2 Fat Guys
Ranked #6 of 8 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I went to two fat guys with high expectation, but was let down. The service was slow and they were not busys, so I cant understand the slow service. I ordered the chili burger well done. The burger looks good when I got it but it was burned and dry. I wanted it well done which means no pink not burnt. I had to ask for drink refills which I hate, if you are drinking ice tea the refills should come without asking. The bill was almost $70. for three people. I should have gone to five guys for half the cost and good burgers. I will not go back to two fat guys.

1  Thank FrankM1964

Reviewed January 3, 2014

everything I have eaten there has been great! Very courteous staff. Nice variety of menu options, and everything is prepared very well. Wings are outstanding, with options you won't find on other menus.

1  Thank JohnR1228
Reviewed August 21, 2013

A group of 12+, the hostess had missed our reservation on the list and was not set-up for us.
Drink orders were taken - slowly and served - eventually. Our food, ditto. And then the food showed up and it was - Awesome!!! I had the fajita burger (great) and all the others were happy with their soups, salads and sandwiches. I will consider future visits, but every other review I've read refers to the exceptionally slow service. Can you hear us, Fat Guys?

1  Thank Susan8888
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in after a rough day with my spouse. Waitress was attentive and could tell we had some tough stuff going on. She was prompt and helpful. Food was decent. Only complaint was it did take a while to get a second round of much needed drinks. We'd go back.

1  Thank kennam320
Reviewed June 11, 2013

To start, I have been here multiple times and have generally enjoyed the food and service. But last evening was surprisingly terrible.
The burgers are generally very good with nice variety. Salads are great, especially the strawberry fields (or might be named strawberry spring, not certain). And the chili is fab. Now, what was wrong with last evening???
We had a party of five. We were seated quickly (the restaurant was not busy). Drink orders were taken and delivered quickly. Then our waitress disappeared for quite some time. Eventually we ordered. And waited, and waited, and waited..... The result of the combined waits was that our food arrived at the table 65 minutes after we were seated. Now, mind you, this is NOT a "linger over a glass of wine" kind of restaurant. But wait, it continues. Three of our burgers were ordered medium but we cooked VERY well done. And my definition of very well done is hard on the outside and dry on the inside. Close to inedible. The fourth was ordered well done and was cooked to an acceptable medium well. We brought this to the attention of our waitress, but we also informed her that we did not want to wait (it had already been too long) for a replacement. The hostess came to our table and apologized and also volunteered that she would make an adjustment to the bill. So eventually (after waiting a while and eventually asking for it) the check came with an adjustment of 10% of the bill ($5.50 - about half the cost of one burger), not exactly very generous. And then we waited an unacceptably long time again for our credit card to be processed.

So given our previously very acceptable experiences, this one bad experience won't keep us away. But something was wrong on this one evening that needs to be addressed by management.

2  Thank George S