“very good lunch”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Media, Pennsylvania
“very good lunch”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

had a bbq pulled pork sandwich which was very tasty. served with great fries. the service was a bit slow [understaffed?], but that wont deter me from returning.

• Visited April 2013

Wilmington, Delaware
“Great Wings and Ribs”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Went there specifically for the ribs and wings since they were both highly recommended by a friend of ours. Several different sauces to choose from and you can split your wing order between different sauces if you want to experiment. We did and the root beer barbeque sauce is our favorite. 2 Fat Guys is now on our list for local restaurants we will frequent often. Loved it.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank jeffs471
Wilmington, Delaware, United States
“Great "pub" feeling”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Great restaurant with a wonderful "pub" feeling. The menu was very inviting. Especially liked the ability to choose any two items in one of their sections and we were able to get "half" of a hamburger. Service was excellent.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Judy K
Wilmington, Delaware
“Awesome Food....Superb Service!”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

The second you walk in the door until the time you leave is just excellent service. 2 Fat Guys has a nice sit-down bar (small) at the entrance. Looks like they have a following at the bar with sports on the modest flat screen. The food is fantastic and they try some "different" creative culinary ideas that actually work! PB & J (peanut butter & jelly) style wings for instance. I practically had to be forced to try the sample (they'll bring you a sample of the wing sauce with a few french fries for dipping). It was pretty darn good, although I ordered the Garlic Butter Wings & Hot Wings.

The Lumberjack Steak on a bed of mashed potatoes was cooked perfectly and tasty. The "Chocolate Chili" is awesome....very subtle hint of sweetness. Their French Onion Soup was excellent too, but next time I will ask them to brown the top of it (trust me....classic and even better).

Now my HANDS-DOWN personal favorite is the Black & Bleu Burger (or any burger). They serve it on a house-made rolls and fresh cut Fries, and Lettuce, Tomato, Red Onion and Pickle if you like at no extra charge. The fries are fresh cut and crisp. BUT, I have the Lo-Carb option they offer with a the Burger and toppings wrapped in a Lo-Carb Tortilla and served with a heap of Fresh Broccoli ($9.95). The burger is fresh packed and 2 Fat Guys always gets it right.

I highly recommend 2 Fat Guys! Open until 11pm most nights but check their web site. They also have a location in Hockessin, Delaware. I've had the same great experience there.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank RoadTripper516
Newark, Delaware
“Great place 2 dine, don't let the logo on the building fool u...”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Yes, their logo is cartoonish, leading u 2 think this is like a 5 guys or a more fast food place, it's not. Great ambience, usually good service, always great food. We took a chance over a year ago and now it's a must stop when we're in the area. Overall, decent prices and great food.

Lobster bisque=amazing. Their burgers, REALLY good and juicy, both homemade BBQ sauces r very good too....and they have a WONDERFUL walnut strawberry spring salad that is available all year round and tastes as fresh as summer even in the winter. I love that u can get a half burger and a salad, which is just enough 4 me! I look forward 2 eating there and definitely consider this a favorite restaurant. Hopefully they'll expand elsewhere too... We eat at their Greenville location, but I would like 2 try the Hockessin one as well.

• Visited June 2012

Been to 2 Fat Guys? Share your experiences!