“Awesome Food....Superb Service!”

2 Fat Guys
Ranked #5 of 8 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Reviewed December 2, 2012

The second you walk in the door until the time you leave is just excellent service. 2 Fat Guys has a nice sit-down bar (small) at the entrance. Looks like they have a following at the bar with sports on the modest flat screen. The food is fantastic and they try some "different" creative culinary ideas that actually work! PB & J (peanut butter & jelly) style wings for instance. I practically had to be forced to try the sample (they'll bring you a sample of the wing sauce with a few french fries for dipping). It was pretty darn good, although I ordered the Garlic Butter Wings & Hot Wings.

The Lumberjack Steak on a bed of mashed potatoes was cooked perfectly and tasty. The "Chocolate Chili" is awesome....very subtle hint of sweetness. Their French Onion Soup was excellent too, but next time I will ask them to brown the top of it (trust me....classic and even better).

Now my HANDS-DOWN personal favorite is the Black & Bleu Burger (or any burger). They serve it on a house-made rolls and fresh cut Fries, and Lettuce, Tomato, Red Onion and Pickle if you like at no extra charge. The fries are fresh cut and crisp. BUT, I have the Lo-Carb option they offer with a the Burger and toppings wrapped in a Lo-Carb Tortilla and served with a heap of Fresh Broccoli ($9.95). The burger is fresh packed and 2 Fat Guys always gets it right.

I highly recommend 2 Fat Guys! Open until 11pm most nights but check their web site. They also have a location in Hockessin, Delaware. I've had the same great experience there.

2  Thank RoadTripper516

Reviewed September 1, 2012

Yes, their logo is cartoonish, leading u 2 think this is like a 5 guys or a more fast food place, it's not. Great ambience, usually good service, always great food. We took a chance over a year ago and now it's a must stop when we're in the area. Overall, decent prices and great food.

Lobster bisque=amazing. Their burgers, REALLY good and juicy, both homemade BBQ sauces r very good too....and they have a WONDERFUL walnut strawberry spring salad that is available all year round and tastes as fresh as summer even in the winter. I love that u can get a half burger and a salad, which is just enough 4 me! I look forward 2 eating there and definitely consider this a favorite restaurant. Hopefully they'll expand elsewhere too... We eat at their Greenville location, but I would like 2 try the Hockessin one as well.

Reviewed May 8, 2012

Nice Menu Selection, GREAT Burgers. All the food was fresh . Loved the location - Near all the Museums !! Service was great
I will definitely be back !!

Reviewed April 23, 2012

We were visiting the greenville area and decided to try this restaurant which was a very bad idea. I order the sampler platter with loaded fries,wings and mozzarella sticks. Wow! who could mess this up? It was horrible the wings were burned the cheese on the fries was one big cold glob must I go on. My girlfriend had buffalo turkey burger which anyones stomach would cringe from the smell of reheated turkey meat and they even burned the bun. My advice to the two fat guys is something called quality control. This was our first time ordering food from there and it will be our last.

Reviewed February 27, 2012

On the way to the Delaware Museum of Natural History we stopped at 2 Fat Guys for lunch. Our grandson had a child's cheeseburger with fries and a small drink. They had crayons and coloring placemats. My husband had the egg salad sandwich with fries and I had the half sandwich and salad special. The food was fresh, high quality and well prepared. The staff was very attentive and pleasant. The atmosphere is upscale and the prices were reasonable. I would highly recommend this restaurant for families as well as couples.

1  Thank ourview2date