“Great place 2 dine, don't let the logo on the building fool u...”
Review of 2 Fat Guys

2 Fat Guys
Ranked #6 of 8 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Newark, Delaware
“Great place 2 dine, don't let the logo on the building fool u...”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Yes, their logo is cartoonish, leading u 2 think this is like a 5 guys or a more fast food place, it's not. Great ambience, usually good service, always great food. We took a chance over a year ago and now it's a must stop when we're in the area. Overall, decent prices and great food.

Lobster bisque=amazing. Their burgers, REALLY good and juicy, both homemade BBQ sauces r very good too....and they have a WONDERFUL walnut strawberry spring salad that is available all year round and tastes as fresh as summer even in the winter. I love that u can get a half burger and a salad, which is just enough 4 me! I look forward 2 eating there and definitely consider this a favorite restaurant. Hopefully they'll expand elsewhere too... We eat at their Greenville location, but I would like 2 try the Hockessin one as well.

• Visited June 2012

Newark, Delaware
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I will definitely be back”
Reviewed May 8, 2012

Nice Menu Selection, GREAT Burgers. All the food was fresh . Loved the location - Near all the Museums !! Service was great
I will definitely be back !!

• Visited April 2012
greenville
“Reheated Product”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We were visiting the greenville area and decided to try this restaurant which was a very bad idea. I order the sampler platter with loaded fries,wings and mozzarella sticks. Wow! who could mess this up? It was horrible the wings were burned the cheese on the fries was one big cold glob must I go on. My girlfriend had buffalo turkey burger which anyones stomach would cringe from the smell of reheated turkey meat and they even burned the bun. My advice to the two fat guys is something called quality control. This was our first time ordering food from there and it will be our last.

• Visited April 2012
Chester, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“First choice”
Reviewed February 27, 2012

On the way to the Delaware Museum of Natural History we stopped at 2 Fat Guys for lunch. Our grandson had a child's cheeseburger with fries and a small drink. They had crayons and coloring placemats. My husband had the egg salad sandwich with fries and I had the half sandwich and salad special. The food was fresh, high quality and well prepared. The staff was very attentive and pleasant. The atmosphere is upscale and the prices were reasonable. I would highly recommend this restaurant for families as well as couples.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank ourview2date
Staten Island, New York
“Would return when in the area”
Reviewed September 4, 2011

We were visting Brandywine area for a few days with friends, staying at a B&B. We were there when hurricane Irene hit. Sat. night Aug. 27th is when we were experiencing what was to come, heavy downpours of rain & wind. We went to two other restaurants in the area, one was closing, one had people sitting but would not even make us something to go. We saw that this restaurant was still open, though they were closing as well, they agreed to make us something that we could take out. The sandwiches were delicious. But, I would return not only for the food but the fact that they did not turn us away.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank sufo1

Been to 2 Fat Guys? Share your experiences!