“LOud servers n rudeto employees”

Georgetown Family Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 36 Restaurants in Georgetown
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed September 25, 2013

This place used to be good but has gone down hill. the servers yell across resturant and can be very loud and rude. the food tatse old at times. On many occasions the manager and owners have been very rude and confrontational with employees in the dining room and can be heard from the kitchen yelln.

1  Thank Customersj

Reviewed August 30, 2013

My wife and I make a point of trying out different restaurants, but the reason we were in Georgetown was to visit one of our favorites -- The Brick Hotel. We were disappointed to find it wasn't open -- they are closed on Mondays.

A quick search on my smartphone turned up a nearby alternative with good reviews -- The Georgetown Family Restaurant.

We've been there for dinner twice now. Both times have been very enjoyable, particularly because of the food. The regular menu and the specials offer all the traditional family restaurant fare, but expand that to include some unusual items. (I have enjoyed the sausage and pepper parmesan.)

What makes the GFR stand out is the quality of the food and service. The wait staff shows up promptly, orders are taken accurately, the food shows up quickly, hot, properly prepared, and tasty! (That may seem like little to ask, but very few restaurants, even the expensive ones, can do all of those things consistently well.)

And you really should try their soups. My wife has been especially impressed by their soup, and on both our visits ordered soup to go, to take with her to work the next day.

On our second visit my wife asked me if this was the best family restaurant we've found, and I had to agree with her, it was. Now two visits is not a comprehensive test, but at this point that "Best" crown is theirs to lose.

The Georgetown Family Restaurant does not serve alcohol, and I did not see anything that would suggest you could bring your own wine. That's not a surprise, but I thought you should know.

Absolutely try The Brick Hotel. It is one of the finest restaurants in Delaware. But don't pass up The Georgetown Family Restaurant either. It's a great place to eat at budget prices.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

good service, but food just average. Nothing special. out of 3 restaurants on the street, this looked to be the cleanest, and safest!

1  Thank Robin P
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We were passing through on our way to Rehoboth Beach and stopped at the Georgetown Family Restaurant for breakfast. Food was good, inexpensive.

When we sat down, there was perhaps a 5-10 minute delay due to a mixup as to which server was assigned to our table. We hardly noticed, talking about the rest of day. Even though we did not mention this, they reduced our already low bill by 10% because they felt we had not been taken care of right. High integrity, nice family restaurant.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

My husband's graduating class meets there monthly for breakfast. Always get a lot, and reasonable prices.

1  Thank Sarah S