“Close to Home”

16 Mile Brewing Company
Ranked #1 of 10 things to do in Georgetown
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I have been to 16 Mile several times since it is close to my house...they don't offer any food, however, you can bring in your own if you would like....the girl bartender leaves alot to be desired as far as friendliness...she really has no personality and is not knowledgeable about the types of beer they have....I like some of their beers, but they need to employ someone who can talk about the beer and what goes into it....She must be related to the owners or something. I was there one Fri. night and had to leave because the guitar player was playing so loud you couldn't hear yourself think...The building as terrible acoustics....

Reviewed April 10, 2014

I've lived in Germany and enjoyed the wonderful beers of Germany; traveled to England and enjoyed their bitters, Ireland for their Guiness but never had such an assortment of beers in which I enjoyed them all. Most of my travels I find one good beer; of the six I sampled, five I wanted to take home with me!!:) I'll be back with the rest of my growlers for refills!!

Reviewed March 20, 2014

This is a really fun thing for us locals and obviously an attraction for out of towers as well. Lovely tasting room with great offerings as well as tours on the hour. They also rent out for private parties, the day we were there they closed early and canceled the three o clock tour so come early and hope to stay late! We didn't do the tasting set or the tour as we were doing the weekend chore thing, but had a pint (both the responder and amber were yummy). Offerings go from lighter to very heavy so there's something for everyone. The atmosphere is very light, lots of windows chess tables and a nicely situated bar with views of all the gorgeous wood paneling. Good tv coverage so catch a game of your choice here and enjoy a tasty local brew!

Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

Great beer! Love good local breweries. Around Six core styles and a few seasonals, these guys have major potential for growth.

Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

This is an interesting beer brewery.We have been coming down hereto Georgetown Delaware for 4 years.Its a nice place to come a enjoy a good beer.They don't have food here at the brewery.They make their own beers.Always trying something new.So the new beers don't last to long.Come in down and try a good beer.