“Who forgot to clean up the McDonald's under the bed?”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Georgetown
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Have to give this roadside a low rating based on cleanliness and service. We found half eaten McDonald's under the bed skirt. Goes without saying that it makes you wonder about the overall cleanliness of the room.

The staff was unable to provide us with extra blankets. They also gave us a hard time about checking in so late - @ 10:30 pm.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
ComfortInngtown, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Thank you for leaving a comment in regards to your stay. We strive to make each guest have an enjoyable stay experience. I am sorry to hear that you experienced uncleanliness in your room. I have passed on your comments to the Housekeeping Supervisor so that this incident does not occur again and she is offering a sincere apology. Next time please notify the front desk as they are open 24 hours 7 days a week and they would have been glad to assist you and provide another room to you. A reservation is guaranteed until 7 am with a valid credit card so you may check in any time after 3 pm the day of arrival. We hope you consider this an isolated incident and look forward to seeing you in the future.

There are newer reviews for Quality Inn & Suites

Reviewed August 31, 2013

I've made this my new lower De. Hotel choice when traveling on business, after a disappointing staff change at the Lewes Sleep Inn, where I had stayed regularly for years.
The transition has been seamless. The staff is welcoming, the rooms fresh & clean. The times I've stayed when traveling Little League teams were also there, have been quiet and orderly, as this hotel employs security for such events.

• Stayed: August 2013
ComfortInngtown, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Thank you very much for your kind words. I have related your review with all departments and they send a Thank you as well. It is always a pleasure to hear that our guests are satisfied and that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again on one of your business ventures.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

We were excited to find a hotel on our way to the beach for under$100 per night (should have been first red flag!!) and available rooms and they told my husband they had recently renovated. Got to hotel to check room first and the smell was horrible smelled like a dentist office, carpet was stained, the walls were horribly dirty, amazing what a fresh coat of paint could do. Air conditioning must have a max on it or something because it shut off in middle of the night and I went to turn it down and it would not turn on. The unit was very very dirty with dirt/mold/not sure. Also found hairs in each of the queen beds, and they were not comfortable. My whole family was on edge all night. Called front desk to ask for bedding for sofa bed she told me I would need to come and get it. They put us at the very end of the hall way with my inlaws across the hall and I simply could not believe these rooms were recently renovated. So I asked....her response... No only the King suites were renovated and those are sold out. We hope to renovate the rest of the hotel in a year. Was disappointed in the fact that this is a Comfort Suites and I normally have awesome luck with that brand. Silverware containers in am breakfast were dirty and staff was kinda crabby. Would spend an extra $80 any day somewhere for a peace of mind and good nights sleep. New Hampton Inn we should not have passed up in town before this one. Never ever stay here again or recommend.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
ComfortInngtown, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Thank you for your comments, as we always like to strive to make our guests have an enjoyable stay. Our rate is always lower then Beach prices as we are not that far from the beach. The hotel was just renovated in 2013. We will be in the process of renovations for our suites that are no more then 5 years old in the back section of the hotel this winter. As to the "odor in your room" and the "hairs in the bed"if you have voiced your concern with the front desk they could have moved you to another room. Nothing was mentioned to the Front desk. The a/c units are controlled by energy efficient sensors. Once the room gets a certain degree and there is no movement in the room, the a/c will cut off. Just for future references if you decide to stay again, please mention to the front desk and they will turn the sensor off for you. All a/c's in the entire hotel have just been cleaned by our maintenance engineer. If you see black dust that is only the foam lining in the a/c unit. Our brand is the Comfort Inn and Suites, not Comfort Suites. We have standard rooms and suites, and the other brand only has suites. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you shall consider this an isolated incident and give us another chance on your next travels.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We had a great time, location to baseball fields was very convenient! Players had a great time in the pool.... Having so many stores nearby was excellent! Front desk staff was very helpful booking restaurant for 20 people last minute. Gave us great advice on local places to eat!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
ComfortInngtown, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Thank you very much for your kind words! Glad we could help you out! We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again during your travels. I have passed your response to all staff and they all welcome me in saying Thank You Again.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

I was traveling alone with my two children 7 year old and a 1 1/2 year old. Check-in was quick and everything was already ready. Staff was courteous and very helpful. I was very impressed with the breakfast bar in the morning, there were a lot of choices and I didn't have to stick to doughnut and coffee/juice like some places we have stayed. I felt good about what I was feeding my kids in the morning. It is conveniently located and easy to spot on the highway and to get in and out of the parking lot. Only two downsides were the construction in the lot next to them (which they can't help), and the parking lot was full and we had to walk around to the entrance from the other side of the lot. I will stay again next time we are in the area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
ComfortInngtown, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Thank you for your kind words. It is always a pleasure to hear when a guest was pleased during there stay. I have passed your comments along to each department and they Thank you as well. Hope to see you again in the future and hope your remaining summer is a blast.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

We stay at this hotel every year during our baseball tournament. Great location for Sports at the beach. Nice pool good breakfast.Room was nice and roomy and comfortable. We noticed it had been recently renovated and it looked very nice. If you have any problems and have to call the desk, they send someone right away.We recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in that area.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
ComfortInngtown, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Thank you very much for taking time out of your schedule to express your kind words during your stay with us! I have communicated your compliment to all departments and they thank you as well. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Staying in the area to visit my parents who live in Millsboro. Not a lot of choices in the summertime unless you want to shell out some big bucks and stay in the town of Rehoboth and sit in traffic all day. This hotel was conveniently situated on 113 & 404. Unfortunately, they are going to be building a new store in the adjacent lot for the next year, so hotel patrons beware of the noise. We got a beautiful view of dirt out our window. Oh well, the staff seemed overwhelmed with the number of guests, but were very professional and helpful. The hotel stinks of cigarette smoke AS SOON AS you walk in the door. We got a non-smoking room and it wasn't too bad in there, but if you have allergies, find another hotel. Breakfast was crowded, but provided the necessary cereal, waffles, donuts and coffee. Again, the staff did an amazing job keeping the place clean and well stocked. The pool was located just outside the breakfast area and was in good order. It is a SEASONAL pool, so don't plan on using this Sept thru April. Parking was a little tight as there were a lot of guests. I applaud the staff for having a security guard to not only ensure safety but to enforce a curfew of keeping kids from running & screaming through the halls. DEFINITELY overpriced for what you get. The rooms look ok, but then you realize they only "half way" remodeled. Some fixtures are very old, inefficient and downright dirty. (We found a tobacco can in our room left by the cleaning staff.) If they spent some more money and upgraded everything, I wouldn't mind paying the in-season prices. VERY convenient to Lewes beach, ok to Rehoboth, no way for OC. Plenty of quick shopping with Walmart & WaWa closeby. Great for families. Pets ok.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the top floor, away from stairs and elevators. It's the only way to get awa...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Groovina B
ComfortInngtown, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Thank you for your comments as we strive to bring the best quality and accommodations to each guest who stay with us.

The lot next door currently has many stores being built, with bringing more growth to our area and stores for residents and tourists to shop in.

We have recently remodeled each room at the property with adding other amenities to the property as well.

We hope to see you again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Georgetown
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Georgetown Delaware Beaches
Comfort Suites Seaford
#2 of 6 in Seaford
Sleep Inn & Suites Rehoboth Beach Area
Days Inn & Suites Milford

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!