“Work Stay”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Georgetown
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I stayed at this facility that has been recently updated and renovated. I was there for work for an off hours stay. It was peaceful, comfortable and relaxing for my event. The staff was awesome especially Brandi and Chris. All of the requests I made were fulfilled. A very pleasant and restful stay!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
ComfortInngtown, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words! I have passed your comments on to each department. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Our boat trailer blew a tire in Georgetown, Delaware, on the way to North Carolina at 3:30 am. The entire town was closed, but we found the Comfort Inn on an internet search. The person who checked us in at the front desk was extremely warm and friendly, especially for 4 am. She gave us a discount because we were checking in so late, and we ended up paying $89/night. The rooms were very recently renovated, everything was extremely clean, and had a new look and fresh smell. Our room was large, king size bed, and it came with microwave/refrigerator. Bathroom was clean and new. We got a few hours’ sleep and went to the lobby for the continental breakfast. There were a great variety of foods to choose from, the tables and buffet areas were spotless – very nice surprise. If I had a need to stay in Georgetown again, I would choose the Comfort Inn.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
ComfortInngtown, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Thank you very much for your kind words! I have recited your comments to each department and they thank you as well, We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Well, the best thing is that its close to Sports at the Beach. Loud hotel, rooms smell like disenfectant, poor breakfast and a fairly rude front desk. Better places on Ocean Highway toward Rehoboth or in Lewes.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank CatonsvillePirateMom
ComfortInngtown, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2015

Thank you for your response. We hope you consider this an isolated incident and we hope to see you again in the future for another chance. Best wises!

Reviewed September 17, 2012

We paid $150/nt for a weekend baseball tournament. The hotel is the only one close to the tournament fields, so I guess that's how they can charge these rates. I didn't think the service was great. I had to wait in line to check in. There were 2 people behind the desk, but only one could check you in. If you can't help the guests, I don't think you should be behind the front desk. The suite was spacious, but run down. The carpet and wallpaper were fraying. There were no sheets or blankets for the sofabed. I stopped by the lobby to ask for a blanket. She asked my room #, and walked away. So, I went back to my room thinking they would deliver it. I then called down to ask for sheets, too. They said fine. 30 mins later I called to inquire why they hadn't been delivered. She said they were at the front desk waiting for me to pick up! If they are going to charge $150, they should offer some service. They could have told me at the start that I needed to pick them up myself. The lobby and hallways smelled smokey. Nobody in my group was very impressed with this hotel. When we checked into our room, there was a strip of paper around the toilet seat saying "Santized", however, the toilet wasn't flushed. The toilet itself was rust stained, and didn't look clean.
Overall, the hotel doesn't provide value for the rate. If the rate was $75, I probably would have thought it was fine.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Pam W
ComfortInngtown, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. The 2 front desk agents working when you arrived were checking in other guests at the time. We service each guest one by one to ensure proper communication and checkin procedures. As for your request for terry products the front desk clerk stated hold on and walked into the laundry room to receive the terry for you and by the time she returned you walked outside and never came back for them. Our hotel does not have room service so the terry products were placed at the front desk incase you came back for them. As far as the housekeeping issues i have passed them on to the appropriate departments to ensure that this does not occur again. We thank you for your comments and we hope you consider this an isolated incident and you choose to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights during a youth baseball tournament nearby. The hotel is just ok, nothing special. We stayed on the first floor and we could hear people walking on the second which made it difficult to sleep late as many guests were up by 6 am.
They had the typical breakfast most hotels have now and it was adequate but nothing special.
They have a rather small outdoor pool never seemed to have any towels there. We had to ask at the desk and they never stocked any outside as far as I could see. The pool area closed at 9 pm, although they did allow us an extra 1/2 hour one night. Not sure why they don't let guests use the pool later as there is no lifeguard and no staff around except to tell us to leave at 9:30.
Because we were with a group they had us sign a special notice that if any of our group misbehaved, they would evict us with no refund. I have never had to do this at any other property and took some offense to it, but didn't want to argue and signed it.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

When we have ball groups in house we do have a ballteam contract for them to sign. This is so we can ensure each guest staying has a postive stay including those who are not staying with a group and not attending an event. When we have a group with alot of kids we need to make sure that the kids and parents are aware of the ballteam rules so we do not have kids running in halls and etc...for the courtesy of others. The pool hours are extended to a later time if no issues arrise, however: it does have to close at a decent time since their is no lifeguard on duty. Towels are constantly used, so when the bin is full we do retrieve it so we are able to wash them and keep the towels stocked. When there is alot of usage sometimes it can be hard to keep it up with as we do try our best. We do thank you for your comments.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

Only vacancy on route to Virginia Beach at 4:00am but it was a welcoming stay. People were nice n the complimentary breakfast was very well stocked.

Nice out door pool looked clean n refreshing
Rooms r spacious n clean

• Stayed: August 2012

We thank your for warming comments as we try to make each guests stay a welcoming one. We are glad you enjoyed your stay, and we hope to see you again. Thanks!

Reviewed August 2, 2012

First I would like to say that I have been staying here for the last 4 months on Thursdays for a reason!! As soon as you walk through the door you are greated with a HELLO and a SMILE.. not a bad start. Then during check in the make sure to ask if you have any questions, still with a smile,and answer any you might have, from breakfast times to the town around the hotel.Now for the rooms!! Let me start by saying "WOW" always clean and nice sized, big screen tv's for a hotel, easy internet access, and comfortable beds!!Now for the next morning," hot breakfast " and let me say YUMMY!! Oh yeah and always greeted with GOOD MORNING!! When ever I know that someone is headed in this direction I always let them know about the pleasant stays that i have had here. Looking forward to staying here again!!! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK

Room Tip: You can not go wrong with any room here!!