“Restful stay”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Georgetown
Philadelphia, PA
“Restful stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

I had a problem-free stay here. The hotel was good in every department--cleanliness, service, speedy check-in and check-out.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
ComfortInngtown, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 1, 2016
It is always a pleasure to hear when a guests has a restful stay! We thank you for your review and we hope to see you again when in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Pompton Lakes, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed here for a tournament at sports on the beach from July 6 to the 8. The hotel is about 10 minutes from the site of the tournament which made it nice. We had a suite since we have a family of five room were big with a pull out sofa . Sofa bed a little uncomftarable but main beds were fine. Room was clean and cleaning service was fine, If you are staying here with kids there is a curfew at 10:00 for kids. They are not aloud to wonder halls after that time .Also adults had a curfew they are not aloud to hang out in lobby after 11 which I found funny who are they to tell us what to do on vacation. They also have breakfast in lobby daily . Hotel was a little pricey but all in all not a bad place

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
ComfortInngtown, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 1, 2016
Thanks for the review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you again soon.
Herndon, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

We just got back from our stay at the Comfort Inn. I was pleasantly surprised at how clean the room was. Everything was updated in the room and the beds were comfortable. I found the desk staff to be very friendly and helpful.
Breakfast was good, but nothing exciting - your typical complimentary lobby breakfast.
All in all, a good experience for us.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
We thank you for the positive review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again when in the area.
Newark, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

My family and I were down for a baseball tournament with sports at the beach and we stayed at the comfort inn and suites. The hotel was really close so it didnt take long to get there. We booked a suite which was very comfortable for our family of 5. The room was very clean and tidy. The staff greeted us each morning with a smile and a hello. The front desk clerk was very friendly and helpful at checkin as to helping us with directions to sports at the beach as well as eatries for dinner. The breakfast was great, but the WAFFLES were the best. My kids loved them.

Room Tip: great place for a great price
1 Thank lynn a
Thanks for the 5 stars Lynn! Hope to see you again soon.
Blackwood, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

We were completely and utterly dissatisfied with our experience this hotel. We came to the hotel with our baseball team, for the Sports at the Beach Tournament.

During check-in we were greeted with less than friendly service. The staff at the front desk was very unprofessional. Upon entering our room we found several bugs, which included a very large spider and several cockroaches. In addition to the bugs that were found, the room itself was not clean. There were stains on the carpet, the walls, the pull out sofa bed and the bathroom looked like it had not been cleaned in days.

Frustrated and disgusted by our current arrangements, I went down to the front desk to explain our situation. The front desk was less than sympathetic to our situation and didn’t even seem phased by what had transpired. Not once did they apologize for what had happened. Their answer to the dilemma was to send someone down with bug spray. At this point, it was late in the night and I had two children traveling with me (ages 10 and 6), therefore, I was not about to let someone spray bug spray in a room where you could not open the windows and where my two children had to sleep.

While speaking to one of the workers he informed us the entire 2nd floor was recently shut down for about a month for bed bugs. He went on to tell us that the house keeping does not do a good job and they he would not stay here. Pretty sad when a worker is telling you this.

We did move from this hotel and went to the Comfort Inn in Seaford about 15 miles away and WOW what a difference that hotel was GREAT and CLEAN. If you are staying in Georgetown the 15 miles drive is worth it.

We had other families from our team that had issues and wanted to leave as well and they were told if they left that they would not receive a credit and would be charged for a two night stay since two nigh stay was required.

IF YOU ARE SMART YOU WILL STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL!!!!!!!!

1 Thank jeff S
Thank you for your review. Our pest control copmany comes to the property twice a month. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. We hope that you consider this an isolated incident and choose to give us another chance when in the area.

Travelers are raving about these Georgetown hotels

Palmyra, Pennsylvania, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2012

We went to Ocean City, Maryland for the day and decided to stay somewhere on our way home. We've stayed at Comfort Inns previously and always had good experiences. So we booked a room in Georgetown. The hotel was clean, the staff was friendly and the rate was better than other hotels in the area. Plus continental breakfast in the morning. Definitely a great deal! Comfort Inn is a great chain and we will continue to stay at them whereever we can.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks RB for the 5 stars. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay.
Madison, Maine
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2012

I was in the area for business and my boss booked me here because it was really close to where I needed to be. If I had my choice I would have opted for more driving and a better hotel. The desk staff (with exception of the older gentleman working the Saturday morning I checked out) were apathetic at best and could not even be bothered to make eye contact. When they did have to acknowledge you, at check in for example, it certainly felt like I was interrupting the serious task of staring blankly at a computer screen. Two stories and no elevator. Morning breakfast was barely edible and the coffee just as bad. You would be better off getting a cup from McDonalds down the road. I arrived just before noon and when I went to my room the housekeeping staff was on my floor. Loud music playing, yelling conversations between rooms, griping about their jobs AND guests AND everything else under the sun certainly did not make me feel welcome. Before I even opened my door I knew I would be putting up the "Do not disturb" sign since I didn't want this crew in my room. The room was neatly put together, but one of the bed spreads had a very obvious cigarette burn hole in it. The towels in the bathroom were like sandpaper and half of them were stained leaving me with A towel and A washcloth that I was willing to use. Between that and the 1/3 roll of toilet paper (with none to replace it) I swear they set you up so you HAVE to have housekeeping come in. The non-skid stickers in the shower were dingy and peeling up. From a distance the furniture looks OK, but when you get up to it everything is dinged and scratched. I just prayed that I wasn't going to come away with bedbugs or worse from staying here. Sleep quality was poor with uncomfortable beds, lots of outdoor noise and the racket from the mini fridge and heating unit. In the room there was also a microwave and coffee maker, however, no coffee, no cups, no utensils or anything else that would make these items remotely user friendly.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank PrincessPalmTree
Priness palm tree-
Thanks for your review. We are sorry to hear the lack of housekeeping. We have passed your comments on to the housekeeping supervisor and she sends out an apology. We hope that you consider this an isolated incident and when in the area you give us another try.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Georgetown
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Georgetown Delaware Beaches
Comfort Suites Seaford
#2 of 6 in Seaford
Holiday Inn Express Seaford-Route 13
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rehoboth Beach
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rehobot...
#14 of 27 in Rehoboth Beach

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!