“A New Year's Eve to Remember”

The Brick Restaurant & Tavern
Ranked #1 of 34 Restaurants in Georgetown
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Dine in the unique historic ambiance of The Brick, while enjoying classic American cuisine! Serving lunch and dinner Tuesday - Saturday, and Brunch on Sunday. Check our website for current hours and menus.
Delaware
“A New Year's Eve to Remember”
Reviewed February 5, 2011

My wife and I had the pleasure of dining at the Brick Restaurant and Tavern this past New Year's Eve, and it is an experience that left us smiling into 2011. From the momen that we walked in, we were treated to exceptional food and service. Our waiter made the night and was hilarious and was a highlight of the evening. I enjoyed the lamb chops on a bed of polenta, which was extraordinary! My wife enjoyed a very large pork chop with a thrice baked potatoe and green beans, which she loved. Dessert is usually something that we overlook when we go out, but these desserts were not to be missed. I enjoyed creme brulee, one of my favorites, and my wife enjoyed a hot cinnamon apple dish with homemade cinnamon ice cream. DELICIOUS! This was our second trip to the restaurant and it will not be our last, since we are planning on returning soon to celebrate our anniversary. My wife is just hoping that the apples will still be on the menu when we return!

• Visited December 2010

Milford, Delaware
“Reasonable expectations unfulfilled.”
Reviewed August 1, 2010

All I wanted was to take my mother to a nice restaurant for her 71st birthday dinner. Now to me a "nice" restaurant means tables covered with tablecloths. Don't get me wrong, The Brick Restaurant does have tablecloths.They're lovingly draped over the two tables on the front porch, and elegantly covering every last table in the (then) unoccupied back room . But as far as the front dining room, where all of the actual eating was being done (on this Sunday evening) , the management could not see any reason to provide them. Apparently tablecloths are to be seen but not used. On a warm August evening the condensation from our cold drinks quickly turned our table (actually three small tables pushed together ... something tablecloths are good at concealing by the way) into a slippery wet mess. The "fixed price" ( no substitutions!) menu ($20) offered only three choices ... pork, fish or pasta. My "simple salad" appetizer was simply a dozen or so pieces of bitter arugula with a shallot dressing (yuck!). The pan seared Mahi Mahi only took five small bites to finish off so I do not feel qualified to comment on it's taste. The slice of peach bread-pudding offered up for dessert ( it was either this or a coconut milkshake .... weird) was delicious however, and the waiter, Eric, served my mother's with a birthday candle (nice). A glass of beer or wine will set you back about $8 and soft drinks $2. Overall the place is neat and clean, both inside and out. Dining out on special occasions always brings a heightened sense of expectations I suppose , however, I strongly urge the management of The Brick Restaurant to consider providing tablecloths (for ALL diners ... at least in the evenings) as the cost of doing business. That, and larger meal portions, would go a long way towards meeting (or perhaps exceeding ?) most people's reasonable expectations for a "nice" restaurant..

Millsboro, Delaware
“An enjoyable dining experience from start to finish!”
Reviewed February 21, 2010

The entire experience was very enjoyable. The food was fantastic. The caramelized onion soup to die for, crabcakes were 100% crabmeat, no filler, the beef tenderloin cooked perfectly, the apple crumb pie was great and the carrot cake moist and delicious.
Jeff the bartender and Robyn the waitress were personable and knowledgeable. Great atmosphere and the portions were a great value for the price.