“In house dining at the Brick”

The Brick Restaurant & Tavern
Ranked #1 of 34 Restaurants in Georgetown
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Dine in the unique historic ambiance of The Brick, while enjoying classic American cuisine! Serving lunch and dinner Tuesday - Saturday, and Brunch on Sunday. Check our website for current hours and menus.
Ayer, Massachusetts
“In house dining at the Brick”
Reviewed August 28, 2014

Food was very good, and atmosphere was relaxing. Prices are fair, and service was prompt and very friendly.

Visited August 2014

Georgetown, Delaware
“Excellent Lunch”
Reviewed August 15, 2014

My Rotary Club met for lunch at "the Brick" this week. The room is very attractive, the food and service were excellent. The Brick Hotel is, by far, the nicest place to eat in Georgetown. My wife and I have eaten at "The Brick" for Sunday Brunch, numerous lunches and occasional dinners. For a nice dinner close to home, this place is hard to beat.

Philadelphia
“Our New Getaway Spot”
Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

THE BRCK IS THE PLACE TO STAY! My wife and I stayed 2 nights at The Brick in August 2014. We were initially apprehensive because it was an unknown entity. But the website, descriptions of the amenities, and rates seemed inviting enough to take a chance. We had gone to Delaware to experience Rehoboth Beach as part of our vacation. We had some initial challenges registering via Hotel.com, but our reservation request was accepted. We were awesomely surprised when we arrived at the quaint, restored, historic inn. The early 20th century furnishings and classic modern furnishings complimented the hotel throughout. The 14 room boutique hotel, caused us to feel special, we weren't just the folks in Rm. 4, we were recognized by name and each staff seemed determined to make our stay pleasant. Our room was on the third floor, which was a challenge for me, because the elevator only goes to 2nd floor and I'm partially disabled. But when I cleared the last step and entered the room, my wife and I looked at each other and grinned in approval. Which made the stair climb, a nonissue, because we knew we would be comfortable. The inn had the feel of a bed & breakfast. Meals in the dining room were tasty and well prepared, with several well priced items on the menu. Continental Breakfast was a bonus. Refreshments, coffee, juices, and water were complimentary. The owner, Lynn, was affable and desirous of making us welcome and comfortable. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! Our only concern was that we could not stay another night. And as Arnold Schwarzenegger said in his role as The Terminator, "I'll be back," we echo his words "We'll Be Back." THE BRICK IS OUR NEW GETAWAY SPOT. Thank you, Lynn and Staff Pastor Kenric & Elder Deborah Prescott

New York City, New York
“Good food but a long wait.”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

They had difficulty handling our group of 9 for dinner in the restaurant with only 6-8 other guests dinning. Appetizers took 45 min and main course was served in 4 waves over 35 minutes total dinner over 2 hours. When we asked the manager she told us they only have a 4-burner stove and limited equipment. Food was very good in the end but I recommend small groups. The poor service score is for the kitchen and the manager, the wait staff was very attentive. I am not sure the manager had a handle on things.

• Visited August 2014
thebrickhotelotc, Owner at The Brick Restaurant & Tavern, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
I am so sorry that this guest experienced this last weekend. Given that it was the family's 3rd stay with us in the Inn, they surely knew what to expect from our restaurant which I guess is why the guest felt compelled to vent a bit, absent very positive experiences in the past.

It is always a good idea to give any restaurant a heads-up when you have a larger party, as they (and we) can become better equipped to handle it, regardless of what else might be going on in the restaurant. At the time of this guest's group dinner, there was another large group having dinner in an outdoor section of the restaurant that did have reservations, so there was a bit more going on than one could see. Regardless, the server was doing her best to pace the group's meal and dinner service and, while we may have fallen slightly short on service, our assessment is that it was a long day of baseball and the beach for our guests (with kids) and at 8 pm they were tired, hungry, and ready for a quick versus leisurely meal. Surely, we missed the boat with them this time around, but are thrilled to hear that - from their review of the Inn - we will see them again next year! Great people/great repeat guests!
Georgetown, South Carolina
“Father Daughter Dance”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

It was disappointing that the father/daughter dance was cancelled. We tried to make reservations calling for a week and no one returned the call. We were a group of twelve (6 fathers and 6 daughters). We had to make a trip into the Brick two weeks before to be told it was cancelled. Being a restaurant owner in the past, I would have had the dance even if I had a small group and used a smaller room. Very Disappointing. I visit the Brick often and the food is fine. My ratings are based on my visits.

• Visited May 2014
thebrickhotelotc, Owner at The Brick Restaurant & Tavern, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
The Father Daughter Dance was to be held in June around the Father's Day weekend. Due to the lack of response, 3-weeks prior to the event date the event was cancelled with notices posted on our website, in our monthly newsletter, on the radio, and also in The Brick itself. I was as disappointed as this reviewer as I thought this was a great idea and opportunity for fathers-daughters to create some special memories. Regardless, I am not as fortunate as this reviewer who has also been in the restaurant business. While I do a lot of community service activities and events, I made a business decision that I could not take a loss on this event and, thus, we cancelled it. I am hopeful we will try again next year!!