“Date Night Was Enjoyable”

The Brick Restaurant & Tavern
Ranked #1 of 38 Restaurants in Georgetown
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Dine in the unique historic ambiance of The Brick, while enjoying classic American cuisine! Serving lunch and dinner Tuesday - Saturday. Check our website for current hours and menus.
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We were guests at The Brick Hotel on the Circle and decided to have dinner the night we checked in. Since it was Wednesday, a "Date Night" special was available...three courses for two, including a glass of wine each for $45. My husband enjoyed his wedge salad, while I slurped up the delectable crab soup, He had the fresh tuna steak and I had the homemade shrimp polenta ravioli. Then we shared a huge brownie sundae. There was a very talented singer performing, and the service was great. We were so impressed that we had dinner our second night, as well! Be sure to stop in the bar for a drink before dinner. They have happy hour specials, outgoing bartenders, and friendly locals.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Food was good, service was great. The owners are hands on. There is a lot of history to the building. The Beach is 20 miles away.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Georgetown Delaware brings images of an old turn of the century town. The Brick hotel stands in the circle at town center and like the town it brings fine straightforward American cuisine with the emphasis on seafood. My wife and I shared steamed clams and oyster stew for appetizers and my wife's entrée was a medium rare duck breast cooked properly. I had the veal Oscar (breaded thin veal cutlet topped with hollandaise and lump crabmeat) and the dish was excellent. The wine list is a bit thin but prices reasonable as are the prices for the dinner entrees. Service was good and the room pleasant.

1  Thank Peter S
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Beautifully renovated historic hotel but poorly managed. Have had better meals at McDonalds for a lot less money. Establishment has great potential but needs significant changes. Waited 20 minutes before receiving the cocktails we ordered after waving the waitress down. Dinner took over 45 minutes to be served with only three other tables of patrons. Food was of very poor quality for the prices charged. Extremely disappointed. Drive the extra miles to dine in Lewes or Rehoboth Beach. It will be worth the trip.

TheBrick, Owner at The Brick Restaurant & Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Wow - as you can tell from other restaurant and hotel reviews, we obviously missed our mark with this customer which is very, very disappointing. I have no idea what went on the night of his visit, but management is always on site and very eager to deal with customer concerns -- we'd much rather know about a dissatisfied customer when they are onsite as it gives us the opportunity to do whatever we can to fix the problem. So, I simply would encourage all restaurant patrons to give the business a chance -- ask for a manager and share your concerns! Give them the opportunity to make you leave as a satisfied vs. disgruntled customer. I have taken the initiative to send this reviewer a personal email. Without the details of his experience, there's not much I can do to make sure that whatever happened doesn't re-occur. I am hopeful he will respond and give me that chance.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Pleasant and intimate restaurant with relaxing atmosphere. Twin stuffed lobster tails for $26 were incredable. LIve music was just right for enjoying dinner.

So glad you enjoyed! Hope when you're next in the area, you'll visit with us again. Our menu is ever-changing with lots of great things always available!