New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Classic Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Georgetown
Classic Motel
You added Classic Motel to your Saves list
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Georgetown
georgetown, delaware
“Not Right Picture”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Thank you TA for taking the picture of The Brick Hotel on the Circle, Georgetown's finest lodging establishment, off this property's listing!! It took a while, but am glad I reached someone who provided excellent and prompt customer service.

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Lynn-Owner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Georgetown, Delaware, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

The picture is the wonderful Brick Hotel. The Classic Motel in Georgetown is never recommended for travelers. The Classic Motel is a "boarding house", crime ridden for long term residents in need. Please don't stop here. This was a great motel in 1967.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank TinaBobS_12

Travelers are raving about these Georgetown hotels

delaware
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

This picture is not The Classic Motel, but The Brick Hotel on the Circle located in Georgetown, DE, a 5 star Trip Advisor rated accommodation. Check it out at www.thebrickhotel.com, or on TripAdvisor.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Maysville, North Carolina, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Good: Pets only $10 a night, $60 a night cheapest in area, 2 queen beds available

Bad: A/C = swamp cooler, no extra pillows (just 1 per person and thin as the blanket), 1 hand towel and wash rag per person no full towels (all out he said at the desk), room has roaches, gum plugged up the doors peep hole, tooth picks were used to cover a hole in wall.

I have been all over the country and this is the second worst place I have ever stayed, the first worst had a wall collapse while I was there. At least the first worst had full size towels.

Room Tip: Stay at the choice hotel down the street $20 more a night....well worth the cost.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Alicia C
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

The currently posted picture of a two-story brick building with red, white, & blue buntings draped over the 2nd floor balcony is NOT a picture of the Classic Motel. This is a picture of The Brick Hotel on The Circle in Georgetown, DE. The picture has been reported to TripAdvisor.

Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Brooke D
Salisbury
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

We stayed for the weekend when went to visit familly in the area. The hotel is not real new but It has clean rooms and it was convenient for us. The staff was friendly and we appreciated the extra pillows they provided. For the price I would have not problem comming back if I'm in the area.

Room Tip: The rooms in building in the back are nice (Interior Corridor)
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Lewes, Delaware
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2011

I am a local and for full disclosure, I have never stayed here. People come to Georgetown usually for work, or if they want to be a half hour from Rehoboth or Lewes or 40 minutes from Nascar Dover Downs. In my business I am often asked where to stay. I have personal knowledge of this hotel. It is riddled with bedbugs. It is the type of hotel that rents by the week, many of the guests have no where else to go. They are homeless, not all but may have criminal records, etc. I know of one person on a child abuse watchlist that stays there. I am very sorry to report that a guest from this hotel infested our home with bedbugs. Let me explain. Our father lived at our home and required 24 hr care (my husband I both worked). We contracted out with a geriactric care company who took care of my father. Wonderful people. One of the caretakers who we loved, fell on hard times and unbeknowst to us until later, was staying at this hotel. She happened to be our night shift person so she would often sleep in a spare bed we set up. We loved her so much we paid her extra to house sit when we went away for weekends. In those instances she slept in our guestroom. About six months later, we found our home infested. We helped her get out of that hotel. I have seen the rooms. There are gaps and holes around switch plates, door jambs etc. Places where bedbugs can hide. I am also a certified pest control operator. She complained to the hotel and they did switch out mattresses and "sprayed." Well sorry, I sadly know from experience that just spraying does nothing. You may not see bedbugs on your visit, you may not know you carried them home.But if you believe nothing else I say, I wouldn't wish this scourge on my worst enemy. Even knowing what to do, getting rid of bedbugs took months and can be extremely expensive and psychologically traumatizing. So this hotel has a great rate, and maybe you won't see them, but you please stay away from this place. I further attest I have no personal vendetta against management or anyone in this hotel. I am not trying to slander. I genuinely want to protect the public. I have become a bedbug expert as a result of this experience. (diatomaceous earth is the only way to really eradicate infestations). Bedbugs can live inside walls for 18 months without feeding. They are expert hiders and they quickly develop intolerance to often used professional pesticides like Suspend or Tempo. They are natural hijackers and quick movers. Why oh why would you take the chance? This is a public service announcement. Take it or leave it.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
5 Thank Lucinda302
Also consider these accommodations in or near Georgetown
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Georgetown Delaware Beaches
Comfort Suites Seaford
#2 of 6 in Seaford
3.5 of 5 stars 80 reviews
Days Inn & Suites Milford

Been to Classic Motel? Share your experiences!