Brick Hotel On The Circle
$99
$93
ComfortSuites
$94
All reviewscontinental breakfastyogurtmodern conveniencessouthern delawarewine pairingfront porchthoroughly enjoyed our staythe entire stafftowel warmer in the bathroomshort drivethird floorwonderful stayhome away from homelynnaccommodationsleweskeurig
Reviewed May 21, 2013

My husband and I had not had a vacation in a very long time and my sister gave us a stay at The Brick Hotel as a Christmas present. From the person that I spoke on the phone with to schedule our stay, to the gentleman who checked us in, to the owner who sat us for dinner, we were treated wonderfully!! The accomodations were beautiful and comfortable!! We were close to Rehoboth, as we went to the outlets and to the boardwalk, and there are many wonderful antique shops close by. Overall we had a wonderful and much needed vacation!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I stayed at the Brick Hotel in May & absolutely loved everything about it -- the decor, the service, the food, the porches, etc. It is peaceful, quiet town but close to Rohoboth Beach & the Cape May/Lewes ferry.
Thanks!

Room Tip: I stayed in one of the newer rooms with its own balcony which I used a lot.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I had just graduated from a difficult 4 year program at the National Fire Academy and my wife and I were planning on driving back down the coast to spend some time together and to celebrate. Our first stop; Georgetown Delaware. But where to stay? A quick search netted The Brick on the Circle, a unique B&B located close to shopping and beaches. Previous reviews indicated that this place was something special and so I opted to book. As with all of my reviews I will provide the Pros, the Cons, and a Summary.

Pros:
We arrived a little tired and before the actual check-in time of 3 pm. Not to worry; Lynn greeted us with a warm and welcoming smile and immediately gave us a full tour of the property. She gave us some simple instructions as to where to unload, where to park, how to really start enjoying the area. And with "no muss and no fuss" we were checked in. The entire property is tastefully decorated, clean, and welcoming. Lynn took personal care in assuring that The Brick was done with nothing but the finest.
Once all unpacked I headed to the bar. Debby served up an ice cold beer with another warm and welcoming smile and remembered both my name and what I had ordered some two hours later; this sort of employee-guest relationship seemed to prevail at The Brick. Each and every one of the employees we encountered met us with this same warm and friendly attitude.
That evening we enjoyed a dinner in "The Vault". All I can say is that this is a MUST DO. Chef Mark is truly an artist with culinary delights and the entire meal was incredible. He constantly personally checked in to make certain we were enjoying our meal and even gave us some hints and pointers as to just how he managed to get the asparagus so tender and perfect. This man clearly and obviously loves his work and it shows in the end results. Our waitress, Jo, was also simply amazing. Friendliness abounds at The Brick and Jo was no exception. The meal was simply the most incredible experience and food my wife and I have ever enjoyed. If you stay at this property and opt not to take advantage of this incredible restaurant you would truly be missing out on something incredibly special.

Cons:
There are none. Period. Other than the fact that we could not stay longer. There were some other guest with kids (baseball players) running around until 10 pm but promptly at 10 they were quiet until around 6 the next morning. Unfortunately they were going into and out of their rooms allowing the doors to slam but this is not the fault of the property; it was the fault of selfish parents who failed to remind the kids that others might be trying to sleep. Perhaps some signs in the rooms reminding such guest might have prevented this but probably not given their age and energy.

Summary:
If I am ever in Georgetown again Lynn and Company can count on our coming back. This place was just that amazing. From the wonderfully decorated and clean accommadations to the service and food, this was the highlight of our celebrations and I cannot thank The Brick enough for the memories. From towel warms and robes to lovely antique furnishings, this entire B&B is like a wonderful trip back in time. When service, quality, and friendliness meant something and customers were to be treated with respect. Lynn and her entire staff set the bar for how travelers should be treated. I felt appreciated and completely relaxed. I cannot imagine any other property matching the standard The Brick has set. Kudos to all and sincere thanks to them!

Room Tip: We were on the third floor in Room 3; there is no room on property that isn't special.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JWils0n
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I attended an event in Georgetown that required an overnight stay. There are not too many choices, but the Brick Hotel looked intriguing, and it was only slightly more expensive than the chain motels out on the highway.

The hotel is nice, but the room I stayed in (The Chambers) caused me to give the place a lower rating than otherwise. On the plus side the hotel was well decorated and the room was nicely appointed. Quality furnishings, and lots of extra touches, such as a heated towel bar and a waterfall faucet. On the minus side, the room smelled musty and, due to its location, was quite noisy. It faces the road, so there was street traffic. It is next to the parlor where people get there "breakfast", and the bed is directly under the creaky staircase to the third floor. Not too restful. Breakfast was limited to fruit and muffins. Of course, they do have an all you can eat breakfast for an extra charge in the restaurant downstairs.

So, I was both impressed and disappointed with the Brick Hotel. Perhaps staying in another room would provide a more pleasant experience.

Room Tip: Pick a room on the garden side, rather than the street side.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank deacon1984
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We have stayed at The Brick on 3 occasions and always had a pleasant stay. Lynn and Ed are wonderful and attentive hosts to this "boutique" hotel. The facility is top notch and should be among your first options, when in lower Delaware.

Room Tip: The "Tinker" rooms are smaller and don't have elevator access on the 3rd floor - still very nice and comfortable.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple